Uk Geocoins

Alibags

Sorry to all but have only just "locked" on to this thread. ;)

Would love to see a UK Geocoin but if it is not linked to "Geocaching.com" there is a real problem. :D

A few weeks ago I picked up a "non-geoching.com" coin, it took a few e-mails to sort out how to log/drop this coin, Stuey will know what I mean. I almost gave up on the coin and dropped it in a random cache!! :P

If there are about 1000 UK cachers (don't know the actual number), and only 200 read these posts, the chances of someone picking up a UK coin, who knows nothing about UK Geocoins, is very high. Not a problem, the coin will move from cache to cache but the chances of logging would be very small. :P

Coin logging must be very simple, if it is complicated people will just not bother!! ;)

Sorry, to Alibags and HoB but the reason TBs and Geocoins are so simple is that there movement tracking is so simple. :)

Cheers Nick

Edited by Beds Clangers
A few weeks ago I picked up a "non-geoching.com" coin, it took a few e-mails to sort out how to log/drop this coin, Stuey will know what I mean. I almost gave up on the coin and dropped it in a random cache!! ;)

.... yes I do remember of course. It was an Alabama Geocoin that I was given by Vesole when he visited from the states and came to our September event. The Alabama coins are tracked using www.travelertags.com , and to be honest, it is a very tricky to log them in and out of caches, far more difficult than a TB or USA Geocoin.

There is little or no chance of these new UK coins being loggable on the geocaching.com site, unless we can negotiate a range of TB codes that are within range and get the system generated numbers necessary for us to set them up. This again, is very unlikely. I don't know about anyone else, but I'll only be getting some to put in my new caches as FTF prizes, so the tracking issue doesn't concern me I'm afraid. It would be nice to track them, but I suspect there would be plenty that go "astray" rather than move around very much.

We hope they should be easy to track because they will have the website address on them but accept that this may be a bit difficult for some cachers - especially those ones who can't operate TB's properly on GC.com ;)

As Stuey says - authoristation to use GC.com to log UK Geocoins has been denied/ignored by the powers that be. We could log them on Travelertags.com but this would be an additional cost and some people have mentioned that logging is tricky plus they only have US maps online. We hope to concentrate on having some good UK maps.

How about we get a batch up and running then worry about how they play in the game? We may provide resealable bags with instructions in to help the situation but this is all to be discussed and developed further.

Hi Jenwen and Bingo - we haven't got a definite price yet but we are aiming for around the £4-5 mark.

Logging on geocaching is not an option. I did not get a reply to my (very polite) email. This may be for very good reasons, so no criticism of GC implied, but that's just the way it is.

Okay, so do we just not do something because we cannot do it within the framework of GC.com? One of the points of getting the UK coins together in the first place is to break away, in a small-scale, modest and respectful manner, from USA centric geocaching. As I say in my first post, during a discussion in the pub, it became apparent that people did seem to want them. There is no arm twisting involved. You don't HAVE to get any. If you see them in a cache in future, you don't HAVE to pick them up. They just don't float some people's boat, that's fine, if we all liked the same thing it would be a boring old world.

I agree that the logging mechanism on Travellertags is not exactly straightforward, but I am quietly confident that the UK geocoins website will have a more user-friendly interface. As 'Hokesters' mentioned previously, our site will be UK centric (yay!). I logged a Canadian geocoin recently and those coins have the GC url on them and not the one you actually need to visit to log them! I have no idea why!!

All geocaching is based on trust. You trust geocachers to trade fair, not to steal your TBs, to do a fair job of keeping your cache concealed from muggles, etc etc. A system of tracking UK geocoins, or indeed anything, uses the exact same trust. I don't see why people would be more likely to steal one pretty item over another pretty item. If the logging does not prove to be a time consuming complicated PIA then I don't see that people would not do it.

This forum topic is dragging along a bit, but the project is still very much on. It is important that we do get the tracking right, but also because we are doing this because we believe in the idea, and not for profit, it has to be fitted in with other things that we all have on (what's this 'Christ-mas' thing anyway?... ;) ). It is going to happen. We will keep you all up to date with progress.

Speaking of 'other things', I am off, here comes the Boss... ;)

because of the Trade Dispute they are banging an extra 14% on all imports from the US

One way of getting round that might to get the parcel sent to your US Distributer, and get him/her to send them to you as a gift, avoiding paying any duty ;).. Another way would to make contact with a US cacher due to fly over here, after the completion date and have them sent to that person, and arrange a cache meet over here for the hand over (I'm sure, quite a few would be up for that idea ;) ). You could reward them by presenting them with a coin at the meet. As you can see I'm full of ideas "outside the box", if only I could think like this when finding caches :lol: .

A Round Dave :lol:

One way of getting round that might to get the parcel sent to your US Distributer, and get him/her to send them to you as a gift, avoiding paying any duty

We have thought about the Gift loophole but the problem is that this is a non-profit making set up and if we were to get 'caught' who pays the bill? (it happened to me once before with some Golf clubs and cost me £92).

We want them to be as cheap as possible to the UK community so we don't want any unexpected bills!

Alibags is now learning Chinese so she can investigate the Asian market apparently - watch this space.

Si

because of the Trade Dispute they are banging an extra 14% on all imports from the US

One way of getting round that might to get the parcel sent to your US Distributer, and get him/her to send them to you as a gift, avoiding paying any duty :lol:.. Another way would to make contact with a US cacher due to fly over here, after the completion date and have them sent to that person, and arrange a cache meet over here for the hand over (I'm sure, quite a few would be up for that idea ;) ). You could reward them by presenting them with a coin at the meet. As you can see I'm full of ideas "outside the box", if only I could think like this when finding caches ;) .

A Round Dave ;)

Ummm, asking Ali to illegally smuggle the coins into the UK, in order to bring down the price by a few pence is going a little far isn't it?! :lol:

We do have a company USA office ;) unfortunately, they did not have a good past 12 months so jollys to the UK seem out for the meantime :lol:

I have been lucky enough not to attracted the attention of HMCE when getting USA purchases in so far. The one thing I HAVE been stung for was actually an unsolicited gift! We would have to add the full worst case scenario to the cost in case they did get us, but after that, just leave it up to lady luck (no cheating involved). Worst case scanario is 17.5% VAT plus 14% trade war USA tax (booo!). :lol:

Ummm, asking Ali to illegally smuggle the coins into the UK, in order to bring down the price by a few pence is going a little far isn't it?!

In my defense m'lord ;) , I was posting that in a light hearted way :lol:. There is no way that I'd want anyone taking the risk of incuraging HMCE to come "knocking down the door"

I promise to go and "debase" my self for at least a hour! :lol:

Dave ;)

I don't know about shipping heavy things from the US person to person but would it help at all to have them shipped to a cacher in the US and they then ship them to a cacher over there? Or if shipping would be less than all this tax we would split up the coins and send them to the individual cachers across the lake. Just throwing out ideas.

It does actually make sense to send any coins to the USA (or back to the USA if that's how it pans out) to a single central point, otherwise the postage would be silly! Don't worry 'Nurse Dave', I had noticed your subtle suggestions that you might like to help. When we get to that stage, we will be sure to ask for volunteers! :rolleyes:

It does actually make sense to send any coins to the USA (or back to the USA if that's how it pans out) to a single central point, otherwise the postage would be silly! Don't worry 'Nurse Dave', I had noticed your subtle suggestions that you might like to help. When we get to that stage, we will be sure to ask for volunteers! :rolleyes:

Well that's cool, but actually my last question was about sending them ALL to a US cacher and then either distributing them all from there or sending one lump shipment over to the UK. I just have no knowledge of tarrifs and taxes and how they work. Was just curious if that would save some of them for you guys.

2 things from a very new boy to this game:

1st, i would love some, but would probably just use them to trade or, indeed, add my details to them with a dremel style engraver and leave them as signature items.

2nd, I collect tie pins (particular sort, not just any!) and have had about three sets made (approx. 15 different pins in total). The cost for 500 pins is around £350 so if we wanted our own UK geocaching pin, it is possible at around £1`each (as long as there were pre-orders paid in advance in bundles of 10).

Marvo434

Must remember to insert witty quote here.

I voted just there on the website.

Firstly, let me say that I think a UK geocoin is a great idea and a worthwhile cause to row in behind. I don't see why certain countries cannot have their own if we have Canadian, US and even Texas geocoins. After all, there are also moun10bike coins made by an individual cacher and recognised on gc.com then what harm for having your own national travelling coin.

Can I just comment on the map outlines displayed... it always amazes me to see how people display "Northern Ireland" as if it were disembodied from the rest of the island. :grin:

Could I suggest that the coins be made inclusive of the island of Ireland, if that is to be the final design. It looks wrong otherwise. And if Ireland is to be included, could you leave the border out? Unless, of course, borders are displayed between Scotland, England and Wales.

I would also have reservations about the use of the Union flag. Personally, I think there are better emblems to use as a representation of Great Britain. You may say that, as an Irishman, I have no say in the matter, but to me that flag represents imperialism and colonialism at it's worst. The only places I ever see this flag in Ireland and Britain are either on buildings in London, on City Hall in Belfast and hanging in tatters from lamp poles near Portadown. For a number of years now, English football fans sport the George Cross with pride, which I think is the rightful flag of England.

I'm not trying to start a flame war here, but if I did not make my own views public I would be annoyed if I had never posted them here.

Klaus23

(edited for spelling)

Edited by klaus23

I agree a UK geocoin is a great idea, but I can't believe the way my island is being portrayed. Ireland is and island, not just the area that remains under British rule. I totally disagree with the image on this geocoin. Either include the whole island of Ireland (without flag), or leave it out. I also don't think it's nice having the north of Ireland with the union jack in the background.

Ireland is and island, not just the area that remains under British rule. I totally disagree with the image on this geocoin.

I hadn't even noticed... so sorry! Yes, add the whole of Ireland in my opinion...... and Lundy :grin:

As for flags, can you have each individual flag in each country??? A bit tricky perhaps?

I thought it was all going to easy on my side of things... :grin:

Im more than happy to fill in the rest of Ireland. The reason I left it out in the first place was that I was worried it would have to have its own flag (rightfully so). Then the problem kicks in, if we include individual flags then why not Wales, Scotland and even Cornwall. Can you include one and not the others???

Also the coins have a limit of 5 enamel colours maximum for production so we could include Irelands flag but again we hit the problem of Sottish & Cornish flag being left out...D'oh!

I didnt want to impose the Union Jack on Ireland (enter your own political "hot potato" here!) so I left Eire out of the initial design... No-one seemed to mind with the initial draught so nothing was changed...

On the choice of the Union Jack representing the UK... I was asked to make a UK geocoin so...

The Union Jack is how the UK is represented globally and on maps thats how the UK appears... all I did was copy the outline from the map and work it into the design of the coin. I have no political agenda... I just wanted to make a nice UK geocoin for the cachers! It looks like I'm failing to please everyone and for that I apologise...

I could change the design by dividing both islands into the 4 colours of geocaching if that makes everyone happy??? But I've always found the colours to be a little bit gaudy (personal opinion). But like I said its OUR coin so its up to all youze guyz!!!

The only thing that I do ask is for everyone to make up their minds and get a unanimous agreement (fat chance :grin:)so we can get these little babies moving along in the design / minting process...

Be Happy!

Peter of the House Of Boo

Edited by House Of Boo

The only thing that I do ask is for everyone to make up their minds and get a unanimous agreement

One suggestion, if the House of Boo, and Dego wouldn't mind the extra work? :grin:

Is for th House of Boo to produce 4 designs, taking into account peoples views, and Dego to run a couple of polls for us, the first one with all the designs, eliminating the lowest voting one, the second with 3, same again, the final poll with the 2 remaining designs, to give us the final approved design. Sorry you 2. I did say my suggestion would involve more work for you. Each poll to last for 7 days, with a one day period between each poll to allow Dego to reset them. This way, those voting on loosing designs in the first 2 polls get to vote on another choice, pleasing the majority, and satisfying most of the minority.

Dave :grin: hiding before the rotten fruit and veg is thrown (and thats just from the House of Boo, and Dego) :grin:

Also the coins have a limit of 5 enamel colours maximum for production so we could include Irelands flag but again we hit the problem of Sottish & Cornish flag being left out...D'oh!

As far as I remember you only need 5 colours for the 4 national flags.

UNKG0100.GIFRed/White (England/N. Ireland)

UNKG0101.GIFBlue/White (Scotland)

IREL0001.GIFGreen/White/Orange (S. Ireland)

UNKG0102.GIFRed/White/Green (Wales)

So the 5 required colours are Red/White/Blue/Green/Orange.

Just my 2p worth.

P.S. As far as Cornwall is concerned I don't know what colour the flag is but as Cornwall is NOT a country then it doesn't require it's own flag.

P.P.S If you use the Union flagUNKG0001.GIF for UKand the IREL0001.GIFIrish flag for S. Ireland you still only need 5 colours.

Edited by Turkey Trotter
P.S. As far as Cornwall is concerned I don't know what colour the flag is but as Cornwall is NOT a country then it doesn't require it's own flag.

Cornwall's flag is a white horizontal and vertical cross on a black background and while it's not a country in its own right, it is a Duchy, had its own language until about 1800 and is only considered a part of England by people living in England :grin:

Also, the Prince of Wales owns it and no one crosses the future king / father of the future king (tbc. Delete as applicable)... My thought is to include a map of the UK and Eire on the coin to avoid all this expensive enamelling (which never stays where it's put, in my experience) and to be more inclusive. Just don't forget the Channel Islands, the Scillies, Orkneys, Shetlands, Fair Isle, Inner and Outer Hebrides... The Small Isles (inc. Rhum, Muck and Eigg), IOW, IOM, Arran, Bute, Anglesey, Lindisfarne, Lundy.... And my personal favourite, Rockall.

SP :grin:

Update: I've just voted for Latin as it's 'a coin thing' and seen the coin image on the poll page... I have to agree, Nothern Ireland does look very lonely there all by itself but as part of the UK (but not Britain, which is an island, not a country. Great Britain is just the island too, but The British Isles includes everything, except Nothern Ireland, which is a part or Ireland, obviously. Eire being the country of Southern Ireland... and you thought the way Holland invaded the Netherlands and the how the Dutch got involved was complicated. Mind you, another web site I just saw says Ireland is a part of the British Isles, so who knows?) having it over the Union Jack (actually it's technically called 'The flag of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland' and was adopted Jan 1st 1801) is fine as Ireland (the cross of St. Patrick) is included in it. It's the Welsh I feel sorry for as they're not represented in the Union Jack at all.

As a World Citizen I think a map alone would be better than symbols of nationalism. Ours is a game without frontiers, after all...

Edited by Simply Paul

Right, hold your horses everybody! We have just been discussing this amongst ourselves - myself, Hokesters (Simon) and House of Boo (Peter) - and have come up with the following points :

1) from a practical point of view, it is really not possible to encorporate flags of all nations as it was equally impractical to encorporate languages of all nations. It's only a 1.5" coin, and from a design standpoint, it could all too easily look messy and confusing.

2) We do not want to use Groundspeak colours (logos, URL or whatever) on our UK geocoin. No disrespect to them, but it is our geocoin to be tracked on our site. Quite apart from licensing considerations of their images and also the question of 'passing off' our coin as one of their products.

3) It is a UK geocoin. The Union Flag is the UK flag. I personally, and the others too I believe, are neither embarrassed nor ashamed about this fact. It encorporates the flags and colours of the four UK consituent countries.

4) Eire, with the greatest respect, is not part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain. Northern Ireland is. Politics aside, that's just the way it is.

Look at the 'fun' we have had trying to agree on a short piece of text to go on the coin. I really don't think that it is entirely practicable to design this thing by committee. From a selfish point of view, we have already put in lots of our time, effort and yes, money, into this project.

However, we are sensitive to the feelings of the geocachers in Eire. So I have a question for you. What is the lesser of two evils? Is it to have a floating disembodied NI on the coin, or else to have the entire of Ireland included (possibly with a border indicated), but then to have that depicted in proximity to the Union Flag? These are the two choices that are on the table, we would like to go with the one that is least offensive to you.

Although this may seem like a bit of a sop to bring this up at this point, Simon has said that he is more than willing to track Eire geocoins for you on our site, should you wish to get your own project up and running. I will certainly be happy to share my experiences with you on the dubious joys of sourcing coins and will help where I can. You are more than welcome to use the design from the reverse of the coin, in order to reduce your die costs.

It is a well known trueism that you cannot please all of the people all, of the time. We three are at least pleased with the work we have done so far and happy with our project and product and after the question of the motto is decided, we will be ready to roll. It is late in the date to make radical changes, an incur further delays, and we have not yet seen any compelling arguments that we do so. And just suppose that we did, three weeks down the line I am sure that somebody else would have something else they wanted changing.

I hope that I have not caused offense with the above, as none is intended.

Alison

Peter, there's absolutely no need to apologise! The thread is "UK Geocoins", the coin design shows the outline of the UK, filled in with the flag of the UK. We don't need to feel guilty that part of the UK shares a landmass with another nation state. And we certainly don't need to feel guilty for using the Union Flag on a UK Geocoin!

If we're not careful, Peter's nice, clear design is going to end up a mess! Remember that we're talking of a 1" coin here - take another look at the original design and now try to imagine how well the printing will work for the Welsh dragon...

The two choices suggested are to i) Remove the UK flag from the UK Geocoin or ii) Remove NI from the UK Geocoin. I like neither! Just because you, Peter, don't have a political agenda doesn't necessarily mean that others don't!

I have no problem with someone designing and minting a British Isles Geocoin; I would certainly buy some and would happily offer a logging system. Ditto an Irish Geocoin, or a Republic of Ireland Geocoin, a Cornish Geocoin or whatever. But, anyway, returning to the question of the UK Geocoin...

If it's accepted that the idea of colouring in the individual countries isn't going to work on a 1" coin and we decide to keep the union flag design, then we have three choices:

• i) Keep the current design (UK Geocoin)
  • ii) Remove NI (GB Geocoin)
  • iii) Add Eire (British Isles Geocoin)

My preference is for i, if only because neither Great Britain, nor the British Isles have a flag! :grin:

[Edit: great minds think alike - though Ali's fingers type quicker!]

Edited by Teasel

Thanks Alison & Teasel,

I think that about sums it up.

One point - I don't think we want to force a break-away group of Irish coins but at the moment it is the UK coins we are working on. Don't forget that this could fall flat on its face. We might only manage to sell half the first order and end up with bills to pay on this project.

However we hope that the non-profit element will enable the coins' price to be so completely irritable :grin: that it will be a storming success. After this we can start to look into other designs - I think this has been on the table from the beginning. I have no problem with there being a Irish, Welsh, Scottish and English derivatives in the future. All of which will sell very well in the USA as well as at home I have little doubt.

I hope that this is acceptable.

Simon

Edited by The Hokesters

Heres my tuppence worth...The UK is the UK its not Eire.

So theUK it has to be.

No problems ...no Agenda but I agree with Allibags and Teasel...

Ali & Teasel and the other hard workers...GO For It.

The Coin Looks great!......

Put me doon for ten.

and the offer of help for distribution etc is still there if its needed.

What about making the map element of the coin more interesting by having it a bit more topographical. I always like weather maps when I can see the swath of hills I live near. Make me feel more 'connected' to the land which the map represents.

I know this coin is *all* about national identity (why else make one) but I can see it's in danger of getting bogged down in socio-political wrangling when GeoCaching is all about The Land.

Also, is there a list of possible inscriptions anywhere yet? English translations for preference :grin:

SP

Nothern Ireland does look very lonely there all by itself but as part of the UK (but not Britain, which is an island, not a country. Great Britain is just the island too, but The British Isles includes everything, except Nothern Ireland, which is a part or Ireland, obviously. Eire being the country of Southern Ireland... and you thought the way Holland invaded the Netherlands and the how the Dutch got involved was complicated. Mind you, another web site I just saw says Ireland is a part of the British Isles, so who knows?)

British Isles = Great Britain + Island of Ireland + other bits (GEOGRAPHICAL)

UK = England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales (POLITICAL)

The island of Great Britain is home to three countries (England, Scotland and Wales). Though a geographical term, it may also be used politically.

The island of Ireland is home to two countries (Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland). The Republic of Ireland is often shortened to "Ireland", which sometimes causes confusion.

The Republic of Ireland and the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" are both nation states.

"Southern Ireland" is a slang term for the Republic of Ireland and should be avoided. "Ulster" is a province which includes more than just NI - do not say "Ulster" when you mean "Northern Ireland"!. Likewise, be careful with "Eire", which apparently is not quite synonymous with "Republic of Ireland", as it is a simple translation of the somewhat ambiguous "Ireland" into Gaelic.

Edited by Teasel

Educational. Thank you Teasel.

I still think while the Union Jack is the flag of the UK it's iffy to use it because it doesn't represent the Welsh. Any Welsh cachers reading this thread care to comment?

Northern Ireland is a part of the UK and must be shown unless the coin is 'scaled down' to a British coin. It does look 'odd' shown like that over the colourful background though. To me. If the coin was 'scaled up' to a British Isles coin, including all of Ireland, would the Irish 'accept' it? Perhaps an Irish forum reader would comment.

On the subject of borders, if the Irish one is included, why not include the Scottish and Welsh borders too? They are as important to the people living there (or not? Any Scots cachers willing to argue the case for the border to be shown or not?)

Ultimately I dare say I'll buy some as FTF prizes no matter what the design. What we need is a good old fashioned dictator and none of this 'design by committee' nonsense... :grin: :grin: etc.

Lastly, and I know I'm a git for suggesting it, what about including reference to the Prime Meridian, which we English are lucky enough to 'own'. If it wasn't for our past dominance of astronomy and geographical mapping, exploration, etc. we'd all be measuring our East and West from somewhere in Paris...

SP

Are you sitting comfortably?...

The Union Flag, or Union Jack, is the national flag of the United Kingdom and it is so called because it embodies the emblems of the three countries united under one Sovereign - the kingdoms of England and Wales, of Scotland and of Ireland (although since 1921 only Northern Ireland has been part of the United Kingdom).

The term Union Jack possibly dates from Queen Anne's time (reigned 1702-14), but its origin is uncertain. It may come from the 'jack-et' of the English or Scottish soldiers; or from the name of James I who originated the first union in 1603, in either its Latin or French form Jacobus or Jacques; or, as 'jack' once meant small, the name may be derived from a royal proclamation issued by Charles II that the Union Flag should be flown only by ships of the Royal Navy as a jack, a small flag at the bowsprit.

The flag consists of three heraldic crosses.

The cross of St George, patron saint of England since the 1270's, is a red cross on a white ground. It was the national flag of England until James I succeeded to the throne in 1603, after which it was combined in 1606 with the crosses of St. Andrew and St. Patrick

The cross saltire of St Andrew, patron saint of Scotland, is a diagonal white cross on a blue ground.

The cross saltire of St Patrick, patron saint of Ireland, is a diagonal red cross on a white ground. This was combined with the previous Union Flag of St George and St Andrew, after the Act of Union of Ireland with England (and Wales) and Scotland on 1 January 1801, to create the Union Flag that has been flown ever since.

The Welsh dragon does not appear on the Union Flag. This is because when the first Union Flag was created in 1606, the Principality of Wales by that time was already united with England and was no longer a separate principality.

So, just to make things fun, the flag was made to include the Irish but not include the Welsh. I think the point is that it is THE INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED FLAG OF THE UK, so lets leave the semantics out please. I get enough of this sort of thing at home with my Welsh BF!! :grin:

You ask for a dictator, you get a dictator...

Only kidding Alibags, I think you're very good to put so much time and effort into this project. Same for Pete of HoB and everyone else who's contributed.

I still think a relief map would be nice and not technically difficult to include, especially in relation to expensive and brittle enamelling. Remember these things have 'busy' lives and will get bounced about in pockets full of change and keys as well as stuffed into caches... As someone who has had to pluck shards of enamel out of his flesh I know how sharp the stuff can be if it breaks off.

As for the text, how about the Latin translation of something suitably mystic (or out and out religious) like Seek And You Shall Find?

How about:

Uk Geocachers leave no stone unturned.

Between a rock and a hard place (under a pile of sticks).

Nowhere else on Earth has all this, AND geocaches.

From Haven to Hull. (Haven is a village in Herefordshire, btw)

Have there been other (i.e. better) suggestions for the 'motto'?

SP

Would it be any better if the 'outline' of Ireland was shown but only the NI coloured with the flag??

Ah, no. That would leave the outline of the Republic of Ireland coloured in with the Union Jack. A big no-no I imagine.

SP

Edit - Oh, I see what you mean. You think the flag is going to be overlayed across the map rather than used as a background, which is the image I've seen online. Is there more than one version being 'reviewed'?

Edited by Simply Paul

As a cacher living in Wales (I'm a Englishman by birth) I have no problems with the coin as is. But find it funny seeing NI on it's own, as I'm used to seeing the whole of Ireland when looking at a world map. Get the coin up and running, and don't worry about not selling the first batch, there are enough collectors out there who will rip your arm of for one. Then look into doing variations on it for England, Scotland, the Principality of Wales :grin: (remember the PoW investiture was held here) North Ireland and the Republic of Ireland (having lived there I usually use Eire), as a one off issue, which will defiantly be snatched up. Just my thoughts on what is a brilliant piece of work. :grin:

Dave

Edited by Mancunian Pyrocacher
I still think a relief map would be nice and not technically difficult to include

Yeah but would the English and Irish then complain that the Scots and Welsh had bigger hills than them? :grin:

expensive and brittle enamelling

Yeah but has anyone else been completely underwelmed by USA Geocoins because of their plainess? The colour is what will make our coins extra special!

yeah but, yeah but, no but, yeah but.... :grin:

Edited by The Hokesters