Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
fly_tier

What Are Your Signature Items?

sig.jpg

A carabiner/compass/multi-tool is the NFA signature item.

nfa-jamie

BBD has a flat bone-shaped stainless steel piece about 3 inches long and 1.5 inches high, inscribed with the Groundspeak logo, and "BlackBrownDog, Elmore, OH, www.nwogeo.org"

:( I had wooden nickels printed with an outline of the state of Ohio and my geocaching name across the middle. So far, they seem to be a good size for most non-micro caches.

Mine are 1 1/2" (.015" thick, kinda like poker chips ) "Official" MRCOGEO GeoTokens and Geo-Sig Wooden Nickels.

mrcogeotoken_small_real.gif

Always glad to trade in a cache, in person or by mail!

Those are some cool sig items!

Anyone want to help me out by donating one to my sig item cache?

I would just like to add that BlackBrownDog's sig item is way cool. We have one and currently my husband has possession of it. But I am plotting to Get It Back. :(

Ours is a cross-stitched bookmark.

It's got a paw on it, our names are back-stitched on the paw, and "Paws"itraction underneath the paw. Each one completely unique! No Two Are Alike! (I just use whatever colors I feel like using that time instead of sticking to a set color scheme, so each one is a Unique Collector's Item.) I've got a couple finished; I'll have to see if I can scan one in before I stick it in a cache somewhere.

Corps of Discovery will have possession of one tomorrow; we're meeting him for the Caching Karma Stick Hand-Off in South Bend.

I would just like to add that BlackBrownDog's sig item is way cool. We have one and currently my husband has possession of it. But I am plotting to Get It Back. :(

Ours is a cross-stitched bookmark.

It's got a paw on it, our names are back-stitched on the paw, and "Paws"itraction underneath the paw. Each one completely unique! No Two Are Alike! (I just use whatever colors I feel like using that time instead of sticking to a set color scheme, so each one is a Unique Collector's Item.) I've got a couple finished; I'll have to see if I can scan one in before I stick it in a cache somewhere.

Corps of Discovery will have possession of one tomorrow; we're meeting him for the Caching Karma Stick Hand-Off in South Bend.

That is waaay too much work for a sig item! lol

*hasn't cross stitched in over a year*

We've just started geocaching, but I made some journaling tags that can be used for bookmarks, tags on journals, or scrapbook pages.

Mine are simply smoky quartz in a gem cut. Each one is differnt so a picture is not good but it is fun leaving "gem stones" in caches. :rolleyes:

my signature item is a silver spoon.

i will soon be depositing a new cache near bristol in the uk, and would like to add signature items from people around the world.

if you would like your sig item to be added to the original contents of this cache, then please email me for mailing details.

all sig items sent will be included, and details regarding their origin will be included on the listing and in the cache.

i hope to make this the first cache in the area with worldwide interaction from the start.

best wishes and happy caching!!

doctorscotland.

And I like to trade, too! I've traded with several people on here that I know I will never have the chance to find one of their sig items, as I won't ever be in their area.

Mine are handmade book thongs (bookmarks). No two are alike.

bookthong.jpg

Here are a couple of my signature items. I always put one or two in any cache I hide, and sometimes leave one in found caches.01a56264-278b-4009-9936-979d07160602.jpg

I put one of these in every cache I place.

790e8f08-0219-47de-a701-683880ea2cae.jpg

the laptop or the smurfs? :P

nfa-jamie

Fly Tier,

I am also a fly tier / fisher. Do you do anything to protect the hook point and barb? Jsut wondering of of way to do this that's safe for the visitors, doesn't destroy the plastic bag, and deosn't ruin the fly.

Made these a few weeks ago.

Bicycle brand Poker chips with decals printed by a sign company that is one of my clients I design for.

I drew a cartoon version of Possum Pete our mascot (see second pic) and placed him on there.

grid_sig.gif

Here's Possum Pete on our very first find!!

cc879c89-e6e3-485f-a148-51c3dc0b8904.jpg

D-man :rolleyes:

Edited by gridlox

I am approaching my 100th cache.. so decided to make a special sig item to trade.

100th_a.jpg

Here is the inside of it:

100th_c.jpg

A standard 3x5 top spiral bound notebook fits.. the back cardboard needs trimmed just a bit.

My usual sig items look similar to these

LW_sigitems.jpg

Rats.. just realized this in the midwest forums...

Edited by LthrWrk

Rats.. just realized this in the midwest forums...

:blink:

I did the same thing!

I was looking for a place to show mine and did a search for "signature items"

I posted before I realized I was in the wrong area! <_<

Oh well.

D-man :huh:

geo-window.jpg

Hope this isn't too big. This is one of my signature items. Custom made vinyl window decals, machine cut, hand weeded. Huh? Just means they take alittle time, the details get tiresome.

Only 225 allowed and 70 of them are in the mail to cachers near you :)

Opps ... :blink: Guess that didn't work.

If anyone can point me to the tutorial for adding pictures to the forums, I'd appreciate the help! (I promise I'll study up and see if I can get it right)

:blink: Yippie! Thanks Pipanella, I appreciate that you could get my picture posted.

How would you like to send me an off-list note telling me how I can do it myself?

Or do I have to become a 'Closet kitty paw huffer' to become computer savvy, too? :blink:

Edited by Bindle Babe