Account

Athiker & Son

The reason 'they' (who troll this forum and will probably response when they eventally see your question) don't like to go around deleting people is that all you have all kinds stuff connected to you. (numbers, caches found and hidden, posts, etc etc etc.) Even after your gone, all this other stuff is left, only now it leads nowhere :o

The reason 'they' (who troll this forum and will probably response when they eventally see your question) don't like to go around deleting people is that all you have all kinds stuff connected to you. (numbers, caches found and hidden, posts, etc etc etc.) Even after your gone, all this other stuff is left, only now it leads nowhere :o

For example, say you hid a cache. If they deleted it, that would affect all the people who found it, and is not fair to them.

If you found, and were completely deleted, it would affect the cache owner (who may value the cache found numbers), so it isn't fair to them either.

If you felt there was going to be a problem, you should have cached anonymously, as other cachers do. There are those who visit the site to get cache listings, and go find them without ever logging them on the site.

For example, say you hid a cache. If they deleted it, that would affect all the people who found it, and is not fair to them.

If you found, and were completely deleted, it would affect the cache owner (who may value the cache found numbers), so it isn't fair to them either.

And since you have found 14 caches and hidden 2 (as athiker), deleting you completely would affect other cachers' numbers.

If you want to step away from geocaching and are concerned about your privacy, maybe TPTB can just delete your e-mail address.

If you want to step away from geocaching and are concerned about your privacy, maybe TPTB can just delete your e-mail address.

Actually, he can do this himself by a simple editing of his profile. Put in a fake address, and then for other's sake, put in the fact the address no longer exists in one of the comment boxes.

It would be much simpler than trying to eradicate the account and muck up others' numbers.

As one of the cache reviewers for this member's home state, I agree with Jeremy. We would rather help with whatever the issue is. Perhaps that is best done outside of the forums.

The situation is even more interesting because I have pending in my work list a request from this member to unarchive one of his two hidden caches. I'm not sure I want to do that if, at the same time, we're talking about making the account disappear.

If the original poster is reading this, please feel free to send me a private message here in the forums, or an e-mail via my profile page (click on my name at the left to bring up that page). If the issues you are having are related in any way to the dealings you've had with me or another Groundspeak volunteer (I cannot recall any issues), then feel free to write offline to Groundspeak at the "contact at geocaching dot com" e-mail address.

EDIT: I see that this situation seems to have resolved itself, and also that one of my colleagues has unarchived the cache that was archived by the original poster. That's great!

Edited by Keystone Approver