Charleston

GatoRx

I'm planning a trip up to the Charleston area in a couple of weeks, and wanted to see if area cachers had any recommendations for must-do caches. We probably won't have our usual long-hike equipment with us, so urban and city park type caches would be preferred. I know there are quite a few virtuals (those are fine with us), but we'd also like to hit a few regular size caches if possible, as we picked up a few TBs recently that we'd like to drop off.

Tips on good letterboxes in the area are also welcome - my fiancee and I are both active letterboxers in our area, and would like to get some out of state finds.

Advice on good places to eat would also be appreciated. ;)

Don't know your situation (time, transportation, etc.) but there are a couple of caches in Summerville I can recommend : "Christmas-y" tree and Azalea Park Cache, both by Sissy-n-CR. There are three letterboxes in the Charleston area, also by Sissy -n-CR: GCC626, GC5BB6, and a really cool one GCHMY1, which requires you to bring a blacklight (UV).

If you've got a lot of time and are looking for something out of the ordinary, try Spying in Summerville. One of the requirements of this multi is that no one see you looking. He has spotters out and about, and if you get caught, you aren't allowed to finish it. I've been trying to get this cache for over a year now (on my vacation trips down there).