What Was The Best Thing You Have Ever Found....

fly_tier

A link to all the other threads with this exact same topic I've already replied in.

You just can't help yourself, can you? :lol:

Nope! ;)

Know why?

I know in my case my answers were some extremely special things. Many other people posting interesting, unusual, or valuable things. The first time this topic came up, many people contibuted their stories.

Face it, how many times do you find "the best thing ever" in cache?

Chances are for most people, the best thing they ever found in cache is probably the same best thing they talked about last month, and 3 months ago, and 5 months ago, and all the other times it comes up. Most people who already posted to 1,2 or 3 of the other threads probably aren't going to respond yet again to this one.

.If the original poster is really interested in what's the best thing people have found in a cache, the best way to find out is use the atb_search.gifSearch button.

For the record, my most recent response is 2 months ago in this thread.

Not money? Ok...since I like el cheapo coins and that's about all I trade for I won't mention them.

However I like coins. Especially custom coins. Not tokens like Chuck E Cheese would use, but coins for special events, Geocoins which I'm up to one now (thanks!) and other themed coins that will never see general circulation. The best one of all I under traded for but didn't have a clue about that until I got home and got a better look at it. It was a Vetrans of Foreign Wars coin.

A local uses his military coins as a sig item. They were cool before, then he started painting them. Even better.

I've started saving up for my own coin. It will not be trackable and as is my style I won't say it's even in a cache except in the cache log itself. But I'm looking forward to making them and placing them in caches.

"Chances are for most people, the best thing they ever found in cache is probably the same best thing they talked about last month, and 3 months ago, and 5 months ago, and all the other times it comes up."

So let me see if I got this right. Since July no one new has joined GC.com? Also no one has gone geocaching all summer? Wow I guess this geoaching thing is not as popular as I thought. ;)

Edited by Wildwoods
I still think my best find was a chainmail stress ball in Maryland. It was just so strangely cool. I still have it on my desk.

I can't even picture this one...can you post a pic of this?

In my mind, "Chainmail" and "stress ball" just don't go together.

Squeezable chainmail?

These are Fergus' sig item, and they're quite popular - we've had people following us around from cache to cache trying to assemble a complete set of juggling balls.

n_plus_1.jpg

They're kinda squooshy because it's just some fabric stuffed inside the chainmail link exterior.

er... Yeah. Jeremy types faster than I do.

Friendship.

awww, that's sweet. i have to go suck lemons now.

if you have a signature item (NOT one of those business cards) it's just about my favorite thing. if it is part of a collectible series of items, so much the better.

flask; like what? (collectible series of signature items) I want to be cool and sought after.

if you have a signature item (NOT one of those business cards) it's just about my favorite thing. if it is part of a collectible series of items, so much the better.

flask; like what? (collectible series of signature items) I want to be cool and sought after.

lafrog makes lovely numbered hiking sticks. kahja makes very spiffy medallions which you can see at her site. she has had a few series of signature items. okillezzzz has similar style medallions in a very nice bas relief. lear 08 has nice handpainted coins, many of which are differently sized, shaped, or designed. wheel15 leaves painted rocks of such value that many VT cachers have never seen one live. tharagleb's sister-in-law paints some very nice coins for him.

i saw a cool fused glass signature once but crashco got it and i don't remember who left it. and beachcomber (?) leaves really cool beach glass pushpins.

A link to all the other threads with this exact same topic I've already replied in.

You just can't help yourself, can you? :o

Nope! :)

Know why?

I know in my case my answers were some extremely special things. Many other people posting interesting, unusual, or valuable things. The first time this topic came up, many people contibuted their stories.

Face it, how many times do you find "the best thing ever" in cache?

Chances are for most people, the best thing they ever found in cache is probably the same best thing they talked about last month, and 3 months ago, and 5 months ago, and all the other times it comes up. Most people who already posted to 1,2 or 3 of the other threads probably aren't going to respond yet again to this one.

.If the original poster is really interested in what's the best thing people have found in a cache, the best way to find out is use the atb_search.gifSearch button.

For the record, my most recent response is 2 months ago in this thread.

I think the world just may explode because of this slightly repetitive thread. :anibad: