How do I put info into etrex to find a cache

Guest cybersanford

Guest cybersanford

yes, as you can tell I just bought this etrex yesterday and Have read the book 2-3 times and cannot figure out how to enter info into it to find a cache. I have the plain jane yellow etrex, no frills model. Ihad hoped to go geocaching today, but could not figure out what info from the cache page to enter into the etrex, much less where to enter the info. How, and what please. thanks Mark

Guest cybersanford

Well I played with this thing for awhile and I think I answered my own question, plus by reading some other posts from several days ago. Tell me if this is right. I go into Mark and change the name to a waypoint name (that keeps everthing aphabetically) then change the long. lat. to what it on the cache page. bingo thats all,

Am I right, I will find out tomorrow when Itry to find the cache , mark

Guest bigRahn

Yup. That's all there is too it.

I'm curious how well it works for you. I've been playing with mine for about a month now, and it is usually good to me. We did find a couple tricks, but I won't share because that's half the fun! hehe.

Guest cybersanford

Thats, no fair, You mean that I have to find it out the tricks all by my self, I got within 1/4 mile of a cache last night while I was at work (boss not looking) and the gate to the park was closed , Hope to go back today or tomorrow and see if I can find it. I am pretty proud of myself for figuring it out by my self, after never even seeing a GPS unit before. Well, we will see, thanks for your input, bye