Mark "the Cat" Children In Need Event - Bug Race

Woah! Alex I am sure that 'most' of us are happy to continue the way we were. I for one have added my TB to my watchlist and will be happy for you to release him as planned.

Lighten up matey - When ever you try and do things like this you will get people who disagree with your methods but thats what you get when you have a democratic society :lol:

Play on I say!

Si

P.S. Sorry to ask the question in the first place I was just wondering how I could track the little fella.

[Edit - cr@p spelling :lol: ]

Edited by The Hokesters

OK, I need to lighten up. I've had 4 hours sleep in 36 and am about to face the wrath of Dallas rush hour traffic. I have clipped my earlier post and will start again.

Administering a race with 50+ travel bugs in it that all show up on different accounts is too much for me. Hence keeping them all together.

If people think that I'm trying to pad my stats doing this then I'm willing to transfer them all to someone else or to a sock puppet account. I don't give a hoot for stats personally, but it's way easier to keep them together if they all show up in the same place.

It's a fund raiser after all. Who cares?

-

Yeah... what they just said.... I don't want my money back, Alex, that was given to you to pass on to the CIN charity and that's what I hope you'll still do. I'm quite happy to track a bug from the watch list; I've absolutely no interest in any list for who owns the most T/Bs.

Be good, calm down and I'll let you buy me a pint at the meeting :lol::lol::lol:

I don't think it is a die in a ditch issue, and I certainly don't want any money back. I am also not a stats person as any look at my profile shows.

I am glad we have raised the money we have. It is just that the original notice made it clear the funds we were paying included the purchase of a TB. I, and obviously others, though this meant we would have a TB in our own names as we had paid for it.

I am genuinely grateful that you have organised this, and am not expecting a major piece of work to resolve it, but I did want to indicate my surprise.

Now - make sure you get some sleep! :lol:

I've just realised that I only sent one cheque to Alex for the TB (made payable to CiN). Should I have sent a separate cheque for the TB cost?? :lol:

Sorry for being clueless, but having read the above posts it sounds like I should have paid for the TB separately.

I'm easily confused, so if someone can explain it to me in words of one syllable I'd be VERY grateful!!!

JackieC :lol:

Mark said to let it lie, but you know me I have to have my say.

How would you have felt if after everyone kindly donating to our Happisburgh RNLI Fundraiser had on the day seen the cheque was written out in Mark and My name and not Geocaching UK Forum!!!!!!!! Just a point but surely a valied one.

I didn't think you could sell something (ok it was a donation, but also the purchase of a TB to go into the race) as one thing and then change the rules after the sale.

Joan

I've never been asked to change a TB's owner and I don't know whether or not it can be done. I'll ask my contact at GC.COM if anybody lets me know they want it done.

However my personal view is that this is a fun way of raising money for charity. It's a GAME and I'm happy to treat "my" bugs that way. To be honest I really don't care if "my" bugs have my name or Alex's on them. I'll put them on my watchlist and see how they get on but I won't lose any sleep over them :D

All I did was to send off a cheque (made out to Children in Need, not an individual). All the hard work has been done by somebody else so many thanks for all the organising Alex, I'm glad you managed to raise a few hundred quid for a good cause :lol: Get your head down and have a good sleep :lol:

All I did was to send off a cheque (made out to Children in Need, not an individual). All the hard work has been done by somebody else so many thanks for all the organising Alex, I'm glad you managed to raise a few hundred quid for a good cause. Get your head down and have a good sleep

Me too!

I too have not made a donation for a TB yet but hope to do so on the day.

I really don't care whose name is on it.

But if it's that big an issue perhaps put them in The Cat's name.

Personaly think they should stay in Slytherins he's made the effort and I don't think he's doing it for the stats but to remember a person who he found important enough to him, tp make an effort to follow in a cause that was important to him.

I've just realised that I only sent one cheque to Alex for the TB (made payable to CiN). Should I have sent a separate cheque for the TB cost?? :lol:

Sorry for being clueless, but having read the above posts it sounds like I should have paid for the TB separately.

I'm easily confused, so if someone can explain it to me in words of one syllable I'd be VERY grateful!!!

JackieC :D

In words of one sylable. Arghh..

There is no need to send two cheques. Because due to hard work and dillegence and the generosity of some who shall be named and some who won't, so far I have managed to have all the bug tags used so far donated free of charge.

So the WHOLE amount that has been sent in will be donated to Children in Need without ANY deduction to cover the cost of the bugs.

When I first floated the idea, I did not have promises to cover all the bugs, so that is why I worded things as I did. I did not change the rules after the event, I merely acted to maxmise the amount collected. If that doesn't suit everyone, then I'm sorry.

And as for the idea that we will be presenting a cheque to CIN with my name on it, that's laughable. All the cheques are from individuals and if I decide to make a big thing of it and use the "big cheque", it will say UK Geocachers on it. Not Alex or Slytherin, I'm surprised that anyone would think anything other than that.

This is being put to bed now, like me. The ownership of bugs can be transfered to an independant account if needs be, but I see it as a pretty pointless excercise. If anyone is still upset about being deprived of a bug (which they really haven't been as I outlined above) then please email me OFF-LIST and I will send you a bug tag to keep as your own.

So, let's get on with raising money and quit bitchin' as they say in Texas.

All I did was to send off a cheque (made out to Children in Need, not an individual).

The request was for cheques made out to CIN.

I DID NOT want any cheques made out to me personally. I even gave a cash donation back and asked for a CIN cheque. Whatever the motives were for organising the event and the bug race, personal glory was not one of them.

-