Found Satanic Ritual Site :(

Team Snoopy

Welcome to NY I thought! We're out here caching in Harriman State park by the Silver mines and had our travel all ready to go. We start with an easy .14 hike up the mountain. Get to the top and start looking around where we think it is. Supposed to be behind a big fallen tree that intersects with another one. Well we look behind it and find a pile of bloody clothes! There was a whole set of clothes, shoes, socks ect plus a smaller box and a garbage bag. It was all fresh things, because there were no bugs on it, nor where their leaves fallen on it. Luckily I did not see a body, but we decided not to look any farther incase we did find one. Also were quite scared to find someone in the woods with us! We had myself, my husband, and our 2 smaller kids, plus my mother in law (her first caching). So we called 911 on our cell phone and told them. We hike out of the mountain and waitied for the police. DH and I went back up to show them where it was. They looked in the box and found some nasty stuff! We started looking around more, felt a bit safer when they had a gun :huh: I looked down and saw a headless dead, chicken! So I said, okay, we found the source of the blood, now where is the naked man??? The park cops said they get people who come to the parks and do their weird rituals and stuff! Thing is the chicken was still body temperature. So we must have just missed this guy. And when we came in there was one car in the parking lot, and I couldn't remember much about it to help the cops. Figure the chicken was brought in the box, and the bag had the guys extra clothes in it. Sadly we never found the cache and it put a big damper on the rest of the day!

Santeria or Vodun perhaps. Is there a large Hatian or Cuban population nearby? Ritialistc nudism is not unheard of, the Wiccians call it "sky clad". We used to just call a wild friday night at the fraternity house! :huh: Either way, kind of weird. And people wonder why I cache w/ the two Gs, Garmin and Glock!

Edited by chemfed

I agree with Chemfed. Probably practitionners of Santeria or a similar religion. I've known a few Satanists and they didn't do animal sacrifices. I'm not saying that killing chickens is wrong (I do eat chicken, after all), but the people who did that ritual should really have picked up after themselves though. The chicken would probably have been eaten by local animals quickly, but not the clothes.

A fair warning by the way : if you are horrifed by the sight of dead chickens, keep away from the grocery store, they usually have fridges full of such things. <_<

A fair warning by the way : if you are horrifed by the sight of dead chickens, keep away from the grocery store, they usually have fridges full of such things. :lol:

I'm not afraid of dead chickens, in fact we're havig it for dinner. It's the site of a real chicken, feathers and all with no head that kinda freaks me out! And the fact that all we first found was bloody clothes was quite creepy! And I don't think the people that do these kind of things care about picking up after themselves...or atleast this guy didn't!

interesting stuff. in the late summer I began getting emails about this spot in ALpine on 9W just 1/4 mile south of the NY border. All the emails stated there was evidence of satanic rituals there, they had gone there at night and seen hooded figures, etc etc. I thought it was all bs, but the emails were very detailed. went up there, and sure nuff, I found the evidence.

You can see pics, and read the discussions here

The story kept getting weirder and weirder as a gate went up, which was then smashed down (and I mean **smashed**, see the pics). Lately its been fairly quiet though... this is all south of Harriman not too far off....

strange stuff. wish there were pics of what you found, but then again, maybe Iits better that there aren't.

interesting stuff. in the late summer I began getting emails about this spot in ALpine on 9W just 1/4 mile south of the NY border. All the emails stated there was evidence of satanic rituals there, they had gone there at night and seen hooded figures, etc etc. I thought it was all bs, but the emails were very detailed. went up there, and sure nuff, I found the evidence.

You can see pics, and read the discussions here

The story kept getting weirder and weirder as a gate went up, which was then smashed down (and I mean **smashed**, see the pics). Lately its been fairly quiet though... this is all south of Harriman not too far off....

strange stuff. wish there were pics of what you found, but then again, maybe Iits better that there aren't.

Wow cool stuff there in the link! I had my camera when we found the bloody stuff at first and kinda thought of taking pics, but decided didn't really need to. But then when we found the chicken with the cops, I thought it would be cool to scrapbook, lol. But I didn't have my camera then, and not sur ehow the cops would have liked me taking pics of the evidence ya know. So yeah kinda wish I had pics to share, but kinda glad I don't.

Santeria or Vodun perhaps. Is there a large Hatian or Cuban population nearby? Ritialistc nudism is not unheard of, the Wiccians call it "sky clad". We used to just call a wild friday night at the fraternity house! <_< Either way, kind of weird. And people wonder why I cache w/ the two Gs, Garmin and Glock!

Stuff happens when you party naked.

Since the chicken's body was still warm, the person responsible for the bloody clothes probably didn't litter, he probably ran from the scene when he heard you approach.

While this practice sounds very wierd to most of us "civilized" folk, it isn't "satanic" and it isn't "evil". It is a cultural practice that we don't understand and therefore are predjudiced against.

Granted, if I saw it occuring I would probably be freaked out initially as well (not something one sees everyday) so I don't blame you ---at all--- for your reaction. Just trying to offer a bit of after the fact pespective.

While this practice sounds very wierd to most of us "civilized" folk, it isn't "satanic" and it isn't "evil".  It is a cultural practice that we don't understand and therefore are predjudiced against.

Fair enough.

Why does this need to be done in the woods of a public park? Why not in their own backyard?

Edit: Oops I forgot, they need to be naked. Why not in their own basement? <_<

Edited by BlueDeuce
Not intending to play the devils advocate, pun intended.....

But besides littering and possibly public nudityI read nothing illeagal in this mans actvities. Isn't it great we live in a country where one can follow the religious beliefs they choose! God (or whatever) bless America!

Peace!

Possibly animal cruelty /shrug. But then again if he claimed a religious type thing it may not be.

Interesting read.

I find old discarded clothes all the time.. the illegal immigrants leave them all over the place here in AZ.

About it being legal or not, at the time we called the cops, we had not found the chicken, so was not sure what kind of scene we had come across. Better to be safe than sorry. The cops were very glad we had called them to come investigate it. And the cops did say they find "satanic rituals" every so often. Whether it be their religious thing, or some crazy wack killing chickens, they don't like it happening in their woods.

Had it been just clothes, I would have cared less. But to find bloodly clothes is a different story to me.

Edited by Team Snoopy

maybe it wasn't religous at all. i eat chicken every day, and somebody somewhere had to cut the head off that sucker before i could eat it. im pretty sure im not satanic. i hope the guy who killed my chicken wasnt either.

there are homeless people everywhere in america, in our cities and in our parks. ive run across several homeless camps while hiking or exploring or geocaching.

i figure this was a homeless man who stole a chicken and planned on cooking and eating it is all.

i'm not saying you shouldn't have called the police. it was your call. but it doesn't sound ritualistic to me.

i figure this was a homeless man who stole a chicken and planned on cooking and eating it is all. 

I HIGHLY doubt it was a homeless man that did this! I doubt a homeless man would wander close to 10 miles into this park, climb up the mountain to behead the chicken, leave everything, except the ripped out the chicken breasts, and also leave his very nice clothes and new looking leather shoes behind! All for a meal of chicken?? Nothing in these scene even remotely suggest a homeless person was behind it! Sorry but have to disagree with you on that one.

Edited by Team Snoopy