60c Usb Port

Has anyone had problems with the USB port failing. We are having problems when removing the cable it is pulling the metal insert out of the unit. I returned one unit and now having the same problem again. Garmin Tech support saying I am the only one having this problem.

I haven't had this issue, the cable moves freely in and out even after months of use. Are you using the Garmin supplied cable?

Yes, but its has been extremely tight from the start. You really have to pull hard on the cable to remove from the unit. I have been very careful when removing but it is still pulling the insert out of the USB PORT. I am to the point that it seems the cable port connection is my problem. When the unit was replaced I was advised to return the unit only. It worked fine for 5 months then the problem started again. My PC will no longer connect with the unit when in the USB port. I can use a serial port and it will download maps and waypoints etc, however City Select will not auto route when I use the serial port. And of course it takes for ever to download.

Has anyone had problems with the USB port failing. We are having problems when removing  the cable it is pulling the metal insert out of the unit. I returned one unit and now having the same problem again.  Garmin Tech support saying I am the only one having this problem.

Yup,

I too had the same problem with the USB connector getting very tight and finally pulling the insert out of the GPSr. Sent it Garmin (2 day UPS - insured)....they returned my fixed unit within 2 days of receiving it and also via 2-day shipping. So far it has been connecting easily (fingers crossed) hopefully will not happen again.

Sorry to hear that you have had this problem twice now. Seems to me it was about late July when mine was fixed. Maybe Garmin's techs just have not seen this problem recently.

I actually sent them THE cable with my unit, so they could determine if that was an issue....they just returned it with my fixed unit. I think they replaced all the internal parts because I got back my original housing. (I had marked BIG +'s inside the battery compartment, so I could easily see how to arrange the batteries.)

I am not impressed with the design of the connector for the GPSr end....especially when used in the car, on the windshield mount. I wish it had a 90 degree elbow on it, that way there might be less strain on the cable.

Edited by Go JayBee