Help A 'newbie' Please!!!!

Azaruk

I have an HP 620LX handheld PC, have ActiveSync on the main computer. I want to copy the internet page pertaining to a cache location into the handheld. So, when I go caching, I have the original information sheet on the handheld. Much better than carrying a pile of papers around.

How do I get the info into my handheld? The HP runs Windows CE Version 2.0 (Build 7258-7260). It has a SunDisk-SDP expansion memory device.

My desk system runs Windows XP-Pro

I have no idea - HELP!!!!!!!

Edited by Azaruk

Not sure if the HP620 will run the GPX viewer programs. Check out the GPXFiew and see if it is compatable with Windows CE, I dont think it is. Most of thes programs are written for the new Window 2000 Pocket PCs, not to be confused with Windows 2000 OS for desktop PC. I had a HP680 and it would not run the GPX view software. Yes paperless caching is great I have a dell axim X5. So since the HP620 probable will not be able to run the GPX view software you options are to get a cheep PalmIII, about $40.00 on ebay or a new Pocket PC. But I think you wil find that the GPS view software does not work on you HP620. I hope it does but sorry if it doesnt. Email me if you need any help if it does work. Or if you have any other questions.

cheers

And therin lies a problem. I, and I'm sure, a lot of others, would be happy to become Premium Members. The foreign currency exchange restrictions, unfavourable local currency to USD exchange rates and typical governmental red-tape, make it a bit of a mission to remit the funds, not to mention making it a bit more expensive than it is in USA.

I know it's not a great deal of money - it's just difficult to achieve, especially for those of us who don't have credit cards.

This situation also makes it difficult to purchase Travel Bugs.

It would be cool to have local Geocache representatives who could administer the Premium Membership fees in local currencies, and have access to Travel Bugs for sale locally.

And therin lies a problem. I, and I'm sure, a lot of others, would be happy to become Premium Members. The foreign currency exchange restrictions, unfavourable local currency to USD exchange rates and typical governmental red-tape, make it a bit of a mission to remit the funds, not to mention making it a bit more expensive than it is in USA.

Why not use Pay Pal ????

We are not US based and Premium Membership is IHO well worth it

Trying to remember the name of the program, it eludes me right now. but you ran it on your pc, told it to look in a directory for .GPX files and it created a sub directory that had the GPX files converted in a HTML index file and all the caches as HTML files. Used this on my handheld before i found GPXView. You then just used IE to view the cache pages.