Flood Control!

avroair

As I was about to start a new topic thread I got:

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Flood control is enabled on this board, please wait 30 seconds before replying or posting a new topic

So I back clicked and tried again. <_< 4 times <_< 30 seconds is an eternity to wait on a hot topic! <_< How many people actually count to 30 before trying to post another reply or forum topic?

I also think it's 30 more seconds every time you try to hit post and get the warning again.

"Warning, flood control is enabled, hitting post will just get you 30 more seconds so suck it up buckwheat" is what it should say.

No, it's 30 seconds from the previous post. You can click Add Reply 100 times and it's 30 seconds from the last post. It's configurable if the folks here wanted to lower or raise it.

Seems like there should be more advanced logic behind it, such as maybe 30 secs for a new poster, dropping down over time for a someone that posts frequently (over time). The forum software by Invision doesn't seem to have that sophisticated logic.

I also think it's 30 more seconds every time you try to hit post and get the warning again.

"Warning, flood control is enabled, hitting post will just get you 30 more seconds so suck it up buckwheat" is what it should say.

No, it's 30 seconds from the previous post. You can click Add Reply 100 times and it's 30 seconds from the last post. It's configurable if the folks here wanted to lower or raise it.

Seems like there should be more advanced logic behind it, such as maybe 30 secs for a new poster, dropping down over time for a someone that posts frequently (over time). The forum software by Invision doesn't seem to have that sophisticated logic.

It must be like watching water boil.