Need Help From Europaen Cachers

Kermode

I am a Geocacher from Canada.

I also collect Starbuck Coffee cards. These are the cards that you get from Starbucks coffee and put money on them to use instead of cash when you make a purchase at starbucks.

I know there are many starbucks shops in Europe and I would like to know if any Geocachers would be able to get me some different kinds of these cards so that I can add them to my collection.

In exchange I will purchase the cards from you or I will trade a Canadian or American Geocoin.

This may seem like an odd request but am trying it here in the hopes that someone will be able to help in this matter.

If you can help please contact me.

Thankyou

I am sure had they been available we would have been able to help - Kermode. Good luck with the collection and let us know if they do release them into Europe.

In the meantime if you want to release any GeoCoins in the UK then why not send them over to us. You can contact me through my profile if this is of interest.

Cheers

The Hokesters...

This thread has gone soaringly (is that a word?) off topic and I fear it might be my fault so in an attept to bring it back on...

In the States (maybe in Canada too Kermode?) they seem to superheat the coffee so it stays warm for hours whereas in the UK its normally tepid when you get it. Come on Starbucks now the temperature is falling outside - get that coffee hot to keep our caching hands warm!

Si

[EDIT: Spelling as usual!]

Edited by The Hokesters

Well thankyou all for checking , I do know for sure that they did issue the cards in German outlets.Just incase someone does happen to find one from any European country.....their prize will be one of these http://www.geocoins.ca/

As for Starbucks Coffee I can only comment on locations in British Columbia (Vancouver Victoria etc)

Coffee in a paper cup stays hot longer than in a glass Cup.

Anything that comes out of the fancy espresso machine is not hot enough.

Those comfy chairs need to be either burned,destoyed or fumigated each week. Ever wonder what those stains are on them. (lets see now.....how many assess sit on those chairs in a month???) Im talking about the stuffed chairs not the hard ones.

Starbucks coffee is better but not hotter than McDonalds Coffee.

Some Americans sue eveyone for any reason.

All I can say is I once bought a coffee in one of a well established chain of coffee shops in The Strand (one of about a million such shops in The Strand these days) to see what the fuss was about. It was cold, it didn't taste of coffee, and it was absurdly expensive.

The only time I have been in a Starbucks was to by one of the iced coffee things o na hot day. I had to queue for what seemed like an age. Waited ages for the coffee to arrive - asked what was gong on after while - to discover that my drink had been given to someoen else and I would have otwait whilst they made another. Tasted OK, but have no inclination to go through that again.

The only two good things about Starbucks is that they seem to close down mobile phone shop to open coffee houses, which is OK in my book, and they sell those absurdly large mugs which are great for tea!

The problem I have with Starbucks is their highly agressive store location policy.

If they identify a popular area in a city which may already have several (Privatly owned) coffee shops, they will open one shop, then another, and another, until they have run the private operators out of business. Often they then close one or two of the shops they opened and retain the most profitable one.

Sure, it's the free market at it's worst - but their coffee isn't the worlds greatest either - and it's expensive too!