Largest Series Of Caches In The United States?

Milbank

What do you mean by series?  A power trail, a series specificly placed by one cachers and called a series?  Unrelated caches related by geography?

Yes, all of them.

Edited to add: not "Unrelated caches related by geography"

Edited by Milbank

Depends on what you mean by "series". Monster is the largest multi-stage I know of. I've heard that someone's working on a 100 stage cache, using a similar system as Monster (a different person reponsible for each stage).

The 99 Bottles Of Beer series has, you guessed it, 99 different caches. But unlike Monster, each is an individual cache, rather than one stage of mega-cache.

We finished hunting the Monster yesterday, and had a ball doing it. With no clues available for each leg, that made it even more challenging, although many of the individual leg names related to the hide or surroundings. Some were easy park-n-grabs, others had a bit of a hike. We also hid two redirectors for the Monster, and are proud participants in the multi. It took us about 3 weekends to complete it. Some of the other hunters are finding redirectors in the evening, however, since we live about 30 miles north of the main body of the monster, that didn't seem feasible to go hunt any redirectors in the evening. I think this has been a great accomplishment for the Central Texas Geocachers, working together on a project like this. Thanks, Essiar, for the idea and the leadership! B)

1. Nashville is famous for its series of micros, such as 101 Dalmations.

2. CCCooperAgency's "Happy" series features a cache in every state, and now in some other countries as well. She teams up with a local geocacher to place and maintain the cache.

3. There are about 80 caches in the SBUX series by, oddly enough, geocacher SBUX. It's nice when traveling to be able to locate the nearest Starbucks AND find a geocache!

Background info for the (very few) people who may not know:

I had the honour of meeting CCCooperAgency and SBUX at an event last May. SBUX is CCCooperAgency's daughter (as well as Starbuck's stock market symbol).

I thought 5000-some caches found was insane. CCCooper has found 2000 more since then...

I can only dream of some day having the time and resources to cache like that.

The 99 Bottles Of Beer series has, you guessed it, 99 different caches. But unlike Monster, each is an individual cache, rather than one stage of mega-cache.

We just did this series over the weekend. If I'm not mistaken, the group I was in was the first to complete it. Definately not your ordinary caching experience.

Edit: Update- we were also FTF on 20 of the 99 stages.

Edited by Corp Of Discovery