Using Gsak Program ??

GeoGordie

Hi gang,

Question please, I am trying to figure out how to select one / individual / seperate way point from the GASK program to down load to the GPS. The waypoints were downloaded from the cache site here .. works great . loads right into the program ... but when I want to select just one or two seperates points from GSAK to load on the GPS .. without having to load all 12 - 20 points at once. I know you can go in asd ask for 1 to 1 or 4 to 4 depending on the location in GSAK .. is there not a way to just click on the one I want and send it to my GPS ... one at at time if desired ? Does any of this question make sense to any or all?

Thanks again for your patience.

Oh, BTW .. in the near future, my name..handle will change from KW4CZ to "Geo Gordie" along with a profile picture ... think you will like how the new look will be !!

Gordon in Greensboro .... kw4cz

On the right side of the screen, there is a box you can check (it looks like a small person). Place a check in the boxes you want to send to your GPS.

Next, you need to filter out everything except those that you flagged.

Click on the dropbox called "select a saved filter". You will be given a choice of filters to use...select "User Flag". This will filter all the caches except your chosen ones.

Now you can select "send waypoints to gps".

Hope this helps :lol:

Ed

The Badge & the Butterfly

The quick and dirty way to do it is just click on the Send Waypoints menu item under GPS. Then when the dialog to send the waypoints comes up, put in the waypoint you want to send. It comes up usually as 1 to 20, assuming you have 20 waypoints in the database. Change those numbers to the number of the waypoint you want to send, set the other options to your preference, and click Send.

You can click the User box, and set the user flag, then set a filter on caches with the user flag set, and then send the waypoint(s) you want. Either way works.

On the right side of the screen, there is a box you can check (it looks like a small person). Place a check in the boxes you want to send to your GPS.

Next, you need to filter out everything except those that you flagged.

Click on the dropbox called "select a saved filter". You will be given a choice of filters to use...select "User Flag". This will filter all the caches except your chosen ones.

Now you can select "send waypoints to gps".

Hope this helps <_<

Ed

The Badge & the Butterfly

Now that is a good idea for the saved filters but does't he have to have SAVED that filter first?

I would suggest you click the find icon (magnifier on paper) and then select user flag set. This filters out all but the ones you checked - then click the lightning bolt to send to the gps.

Now the really easy way is to right click and select send now.

Suggest you go to the Software and GPS forum and check out the GSAK thread.

Now that is a good idea for the saved filters but does't he have to have SAVED that filter first?

Isn't the "UserSet" filter one of the default filters, or did I create it so long ago that I forgot about creating and saving it?

Cache Well

I don't have that one - I have last activated and a couple I saved.

methinks you must have saved it yourself - I have had several version here and not had that one -

it does sound like a default filter tho

I also thought the user flag filter was an included filter with the program...

Ed

Just to set the record straight, yes it is.

I can't remember which version this was added though.

Also note, that you only get this on a NEW installation, not when upgrading as we don't want to wipe out all the filters you already have.