What is the best GPS PC software?

aggregate

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could reccomend some free or cheap (<AU $100) apps (Win98/WinXP Pro) for use with a Magellan Sportrack GPS? I've used Expert GPS but found it too bloated and expensive for my needs, EasyGPS is OK but I can't save the loc files as text files for editing on my PC. I want to be able to plot routes on maps, calibrate a scanned map, download waypoints from my GPS and print the maps or portions of them. Also save the waypoints as a text file. Does the map send cd have this sort of software? Does it have topographic maps (1:150 000 or 1:25 000) or can you buy CDs of maps? Thanks for your help in advance icon_wink.gif

In the cheap area, ExpertGPS is great. For more $$$, National Geographic TOPO is also great. I use both, and I am quite pleased. I have tried all of the free/trial versions, and I keep ending up with these two.

Good luck on your choice.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

No contest there, the best GPS software for the PC, or pretty much whatever OS you use, is GPSbabel, what else can write/read so many things, AND do those nice filters. It'll talk to your gpsr also. You can read about/get it here: GPSBabel

The majority of the world is stupid, and the rest of us are in danger of contagion.