GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife)

ClydeE

For Virginia I have 12 PQ that I run on alternating days. Each is for 500 caches within a 500 mile radius. They can give a lot of duplication depending on the cache concentration in an area but the process seems to work well.

If you use "Data Hidden" as the criteria for your PQ instead of location, and adjust the dates until you get just below 500 caches per query, you can eliminate the overlap and therefore lower the number of Queries necessary to ge the entire state.

Thats how I have done it. The older PQ's can run once per week since the older caches don't chance much,

Can GSAK distinguish between Archived caches and Disabled caches? Seems like they are treated the same. (same color in the CODE column) If so, how?

For the purpose of colour coding, yes, they are treated the same.

However, if you need to split them apart you can do so using filters. Check out the "other" tab.

Yep, see the "logs" tab on the filters. Click on help, and refer to the examples. There are all sorts of combinations you can filter on here. For example for "not founds" you can get results like:

Show me all caches where exactly the last 2 logs were DNF

Show me all caches where any 2 out of last 4 logs were DNF

Show me all caches where my friend "bozo" logged a DNF (requires sufficinet log history)

etc, etc.

Is thier a way to test these filters? Since the filter wont actully set unless there are caches that meet the search criteria. So like in my case their are no new caches that havent been logged. So i have no way to test the filter to make it active in case i do get newly placed caches that havent been found.

Yep, see the "logs" tab on the filters. Click on help, and refer to the examples. There are all sorts of combinations you can filter on here. For example for "not founds" you can get results like:

Show me all caches where exactly the last 2 logs were DNF

Show me all caches where any 2 out of last 4 logs were DNF

Show me all caches where my friend "bozo" logged a DNF (requires sufficinet log history)

etc, etc.

Is thier a way to test these filters? Since the filter wont actully set unless there are caches that meet the search criteria. So like in my case their are no new caches that havent been logged. So i have no way to test the filter to make it active in case i do get newly placed caches that havent been found.

Use the Database=>Save as option to save a new copy of your database under the name of something like "test"

Now set a filter on a few random caches. (use the "user flag" to select and filter)

Now purge out all the logs for this filter (Database=>Purg Logs)

You should now be able to test your filter using the "test" database

Another issus i have stumbled upon when trying to play with some of these new features. When purging a database it purges the whole database. It didnt give me a option to only purge tick caches, or atleast i didnt see. Now this next one kinda falls in that same catgeory. When copying a database. It didnt give me an option to tick just certain caches to copy to a certain destination database. It moves the whole database to the destination database. Is thier away to tick certain caches to be purged, moved, or copied?

Another issus i have stumbled upon when trying to play with some of these new features. When purging a database it purges the whole database. It didnt give me a option to only purge tick caches, or atleast i didnt see. Now this next one kinda falls in that same catgeory. When copying a database. It didnt give me an option to tick just certain caches to copy to a certain destination database. It moves the whole database to the destination database. Is thier away to tick certain caches to be purged, moved, or copied?

Both these options do not use the whole database but rather the current subset (filter).

So just set up a filter of the caches you want purged/copied/moved then take the corresponding option.

Both dialogs should say something to the effect "this option will ... on the current sub set". The dialogs should also show you the number of waypoints this action will be performed on.

Edited by ClydeE