"shoulder" Technique?

Apollo Bob

I came across this in the logs for a cache I found recently:

"I had good friend loan me a GPS to do this as I have misplaced my own. The GPS probably would have worked, but not as quickly as the shoulder and the shoulder was more fun. This same technique has been a big time saver for other micros as well."

Anyone know what technique this is? Sounds like it's GPS-less, whatever it is. Thanks all!

I'm going to guess looking over the shoulder of another cacher who finds the cache.

I think he's right.

The way it works is once you are within 20' it's time to look for the cache. However some GPS users try to find ground zero. While they are futzing with finding it, everyone else can look and they are the ones that will normally find the cache.

:) sounds like when I go cachin' with my wife. We're walkin' through the woods and I'm sayin' ok, we're 350' away, 250', 100', 50', 20' and by the time I can look up from the GPSr to see where we are she says, "there it is, under that log". :)

She gets such a kick out of always spotting them first, that I just don't mind. It keeps her coming out with me. :)

A lot of times......

We caching in a group...we don't have the cords at all for a cache....

But one person in the group has found it alrdy.

so we go to the location and he/she says "my virt. GPS" says its that away about 100 feet....pointing at the general area.