Request #100,001 :)

julia51:)

I don't see how it could be considered stalking. It would only be automating what can be done manually now. Anyone can bookmark a user's profile and check if for new hides as often as they want.

Would I use the feature if it existed? Possibly. There are a couple of hiders whose caches I particularly enjoy. I'm always looking for something new from them. OTOH, if I had email notification of new caches as they were approved, I would use that instead.

this is my first post, yikes! :D i think it would be cool to have a favorite hider watchlist. then we could be notified when our favorite hiders put up a new cache! 'course maybe there already is one and i havent found it yet! :D thanks, julia51:)

Order yourself up a PQ and let GSAK do the rest with a filter on your favourite hider...

--not to derail the topic--

But I'd love to bump the idea of getting a PQ based on caches a username has found.

There have been a few occassions where I wanted to meet another local cacher for some finds. It'd be great to be able to get a query of "caches I have not found that have not been found by User X"

GSAK and Watcher and all of the others won't necessarily do that with the PQ results because it only has the last five logs (including notes and not found logs).

Seems from the linked markwell that Jeremy thought it was a good idea in July...

Edited by Markwell
It'd be great to be able to get a query of "caches I have not found that have not been found by User X"

GSAK and Watcher and all of the others won't necessarily do that with the PQ results because it only has the last five logs (including notes and not found logs).

Kelly,

I understand GPSBabel does this (although I've not used the feature myself). I know how much you like to use the command line of that program, too! :D

The problem is that you still need a PQ of that person's finds, but if you take your PQ and get a PQ from that person, GPSBabel will (allegedly) spit out a .gpx (or whatever else you can possibly want) with all the caches neither of you have found.

To add to the OPs request--GSAK or Watcher will do this, although the PQ for this is not very efficient. Either program will allow you to sort by or filter by hider.

Which brings a question... does GSAK filter by the account that's attached to the cache, or simply the name listed in the "placed by" column?

Jamie

Which brings a question... does GSAK filter by the account that's attached to the cache, or simply the name listed in the "placed by" column?

Jamie

Jamie I believe you have the option of sorting either way when you go into your setup/options you can set it for geocaching id # or exact name match or wildcard match.

--not to derail the topic--

But I'd love to bump the idea of getting a PQ based on caches a username has found.

There have been a few occassions where I wanted to meet another local cacher for some finds. It'd be great to be able to get a query of "caches I have not found that have not been found by User X"

Seems from the linked markwell that Jeremy thought it was a good idea in July...

Providing you can get a GPX file (gc.com pq) from each cacher then this will always work as each PQ always contains the found log for that user no matter how far back it is.

GSAK has a special log search function which does in fact cater for this exact query

Please see example 5 in the help file or online here http://www.gsak.net/help/hs4970.htm