Question About El Paso Area Caches

Fathergoose

I am heading to El Paso in a few weeks for a quick one-night trip. I am planning on hitting a few caches and would like to get one across the border in Mexico. However I did not see any in the Mexican border town. Does anyone know of any caches within walking distance (or a short cab ride) just over the border?

I lived in El Paso for about 12 years. I call it the armpit of Texas, the land that God forgot. Great weather until the wind blows and then the sand and dirt is everywhere.

If you are wanting to go to Juarez, there used to be a trolley that runs from the convention center that will take you over. The trolley makes several stops throughout Juarez and mainly the tourist areas (market, glass blowers, etc.). That would be my recommendation on travel over.

If you like Mexican food, you are in the right location. This is NOT the tex-mex crap we get around here. You must try Chicos Tacos if you have time. There are several locations in El Paso. Cheap...but I love them. Order the "double double" - double tacos (6) with double cheese. And if you like it hot...put some of the green chile on them. Whoo-weee!

Enjoy your visit to the armpit of Texas!

Greetings from the armpit of Texas! :) Personally, I prefer to call it the Forgotten Stepchild of Texas, but 'armpit' will do!

Sorry I didn't see your post until now...I hope you haven't made your trip yet! As far as the trolley goes, it is still running. You can buy tickets downtown, right outside the Abraham Chavez Theater. Tickets are, I think, $12.

I haven't seen any listed caches for Cd. Juarez. That said, there are plenty of caches here in town, but they could be quite a drive depending on where you're staying. If you need any recommendations, please let me know!

Oh yeah...Chico's Tacos is good, but not necessarily if you're traveling. Let's just say...you'll need plenty of rest breaks. I recommend the New Clock Restaurant for breakfast, if you get a chance.

Paula :D

I was born in El Paso.

If you get to Deming N.M.there are several very good ones there

There are several nice caches there and you can get one of the Benchmarks on the border to have a find for Mexico-El Paso see:

CE0665 MX-US MONUMENT

Hope this works:

Nearest caches

There are several good cafe's Carmens,In the LOWER VALLEY on Alameda east of Yarbourgh drive.

Pancho's everywhere.

Look for the one's that say Resturaunte