Newbie Question 2 - EasyGPS & Waypoints

Guest Growley

Guest Growley

Thank you for the fast response to my first question. Now question 2: I have downloaded easyGPS. I went to my first cache and clicked on "download to EasyGPS for Groundspeak". All that happens is that a box pops up which tells me to login, aggree to terms, and download waypoints. I go back to the cache page, click on the same icon and although it appears to be downloading something, I can never find it. I have tried this with EasyGPS open and closed. Help!!

Guest Lou C

When you download the waypoint coordinates, they will be saved in a file called "geocaching.loc". You must then go into EasyGPS and load that file. Then, finally, send the file to your GPS. The first thing I usually do is rename the file it downloaded to the name of the waypoint. Thay way, you can keep all the waypoints in separate files and the file name will tell you which one it is. Give it a try.

Lou

Guest Growley

O.K.; Gents, I'm really not this stupid however, I still can't download any waypoints from Geocaching.com. I click on the "download waypoints" box and it continues to open to the Geocache window about EasyGPS. I am logged in and when I click on the box it just continues to jump back to Geocache window. There are no .loc files that have been downloaded. I have tried this on two different computers now with the same results. I figured if I could figure out how to use my eTrex Legend EasyGPS would be easier. Help Again!!

Guest Hard Slate

I've just started playing with easygps.My question is,when I dl a waypoint it puts another easygps icon on my desktop for each waypoint I load, is this normal?

Guest dmdeitz

is there any way to get a whole bunch of waypoints of caaches in my area in one fell swoop to enter into easygps or do you have to go to each page 1 at a time?

Guest Moun10Bike

quote:
Originally posted by BREW:

ok so how do i turn on cookies on windows ME???

It's not a setting in Windows ME per se, but a setting in your browser. If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, then go to Tools/Internet Options..., then select the "Security" tab. Make sure that "Internet" is selected for the content zone, click "Custom Level...," and then scroll down to the "Cookies" section. Set the radio buttons to "Enable" and you are in business!

------------------

Jon (Moun10Bike)

27H/71F/3C/2S/2X

N 47° 36.649', W 122° 3.616'

www.switchbacks.com/geocaching.html