Magnetic Caches

Hi,

Looking to plant some smaller caches, and was wondering if anyone knew where I can get hold of something suitable in the UK.

I think I'm looking for something like you used to get to store your key under the car, but maybe a fraction bigger.

Any help you can give would be greatly greatly greatly appreciated! :laughing:

Cheers

Richard

These are designed for fly fishing but might be useful for a small cache box.

Magnetic Box

(You will need to scroll down the page to Magnetic Fly Boxes.)

I believe the magnets are on the inside of these boxes and intended to attract the steel fish hook. I doubt they will stick to a steel girder or the like.

I've found one or two micros in the past that use the 'spare car key' magnetic box with a sliding lid. From memory, the log sheet in every one was wet. They are NOT waterproof by any stretch of the imagination.

Much better to make your own. Magnets are readily available at just about any hardware shop and two part epoxy does the biz quite nicely.

Is there never an end to the tallents of Leoness.... fly fishing now ! 

Well... it looks like maybe they won't work as a cache box anyway (see Pharisee's post). :laughing:

I have to confess, I have never been fly fishing, only angling with my father and brother when I was about 12!!! :blink: