Scuba Gear Donation Available.

dzdiver

I recently had a medical problem that prevents me from SCUBA diving again. I have recovered and am doing well. Besides SCUBA diving, I have no limitations. I have not dove in several years. I own three tanks with valves (some Luxfer that may have been recalled), a Harvey's Farmer John style wetsuit and jacket (fits a 6-6 tall, 230 pound male), TUSA first stage regulator with two second stages and analog console, Tusa BC, original spare-air with holder, two dive lights, adaptor for SCBA (fire dept type) fill whip to SCUBA tank, misc parts. I also have several manuals including: US Navy dive manuals, NOAA dive manual, cave and cavern diving manuals, decompression manuals, sport manuals, PADI Divemaster Manual, etc. I will keep my masks, snorkels, fins, and booties for skin diving. The SCUBA items have not been used in years and have been stored in my garage. I do not guarantee their condition.

I am looking to donate the items to an organization that can put them to good use. Perhaps an organized dive rescue/recovery team, college research dive team, etc. I am looking for suggestions. I would also consider donating to an exceptional individual who can put the items to use. Depending upon the requests that I receive, I may piece out the items or donate as a lot. (I expect that it will not be economically viable to ship out the tanks). This offer is also being made to some local groups. If you know of an organization or an individual who can put the items to good use, please email me or have that person/group email me. I might ask for actual shipping costs, but otherwise the items are free. Preference will be given to non-profit organizations or organizations with a purpose consistent with my values.

Regards,

DZDIVER

I would be Very interested in the dive lights.

I am a lighting Freak, and me an my fiancée do a lot of marine hobbyist stuff and go night skin diving to check out the wild life and make our tank more real to life natural habitats for our critters.

Both of have graduated in biology and animal science. I'm a high school teacher too :-)..

Did I say I really like lighting products, esp. waterproof stuff.

Edited by SKYWLKR

Hi, my name is Clayton and I am currently attending Unity College. We have a poorly stocked Outdoor Adventure Center, where you can borrow lots of donated equipment, and use it for like the weekend or so. We could really use some scuba equipment, we have wetsuits but none of the more technical scuba supplies. There are many students that enjoy scuba diving, and snorkeling here as well, but don't have the $. Please consider us in your donation choice. Also thank you for being so generous, this world would be a much better place with more people like you.

Thanks again, Clayton Kern

Couple of points.

Firstly the older Luxfers were never actually 'recalled' - the $50-credit-toward-new-tank offer that Luxfer had til December 2003 was an incentive designed to quash consumer complaints. What the DOT issued was merely an "advisory" that there may be a problem with sustained load cracks formnig in the allow of the necks (this applies to any tank made of 6351 alloy aluminum, which Walter Kidde built tanks and most early Luxfers were.) SLC cracks appear over a long period of time and Hydro and Vis+ (also known as Eddy Current testing) is thought to be able to detect a majoroty of potential problems long before they result in rupture.

I should know. I own and still use a Walter Kidde tank in great condition.

Second point.

Have you found a home for your books yet? I'm particularly interested in the tech (deco) and cave diving manuals if you still have them. I'm in Canada but would be happy to cover shipping. (which you could donate if you want)