Geocachinguk Stats And Maps Back Up

Mad H@ter

It's nice to see it back - many thanks, Ian! ;)

One small point: when I go to the 'Caches' page it puts up a dialog box asking for my user name and password, even though I'm logged in. If I enter them the box comes back. Just choosing 'Cancel' removes the box and I still get the cache page, so it's not a problem, just odd.

It will sort its self when the trigpoint site is back up. the box says trigpointinuk.com.

both sites are linked and the grif ref convert are done using the trigpoint data. if you notice the box on the right of the Gridref is missing

Edited by Deego

Great to see the interactive map back.... thks for the hard work.

Just one issue, when I loaded it previously it automatically showed my found caches but now it just gives the blue N button and shows all caches as blue even the ones ive found...... do I need to do something on it ?

Ian.

Just one issue, when I loaded it previously it automatically showed my found caches but now it just gives the blue N button and shows all caches as blue even the ones ive found...... do I need to do something on it ?

Hmmm, it works for me (don'tcha just hate it when people say that?!). Can you try logging off and logging back on again and let me know if you're still having problems.

The database is now several days out of date and will take some time to fully recover, but any logs it knew about before the problems should still be there.

Hi Teasel

When the page is being downloaded it shows

G> F N O (can you enlighten me what the G> and T> stand for ?)

T> F N

Once script loaded and map is active I only have

G> N

T>

It shows all the caches as blue even the ones Ive found.

Thks Ian.

By the way I think this facility is superb and really appreciative of all the hard work it involves. :laughing:

Hi Teasel

When the page is being downloaded it shows

G> F N O (can you enlighten me what the G> and T> stand for ?)

T> F N

Once script loaded and map is active I only have

G> N

T>

It shows all the caches as blue even the ones Ive found.

Thks Ian.

By the way I think this facility is superb and really appreciative of all the hard work it involves. :laughing:

G=Geocache

T=Trigpoint

Is the F ghosted ? or can you click on it. As Ian says if you have done the cache in the last week or so it might not be updated yet. so will still be showing as not found

Hi

No the F and the O completely dissapear and only leaves G> N

All my 61 cache finds show as blue, so its not just since the recent site problem.

Ian.

Update - Mmmmm just looked at my cache log on geocaching.com which shows 61 total. However if i look at the log pages of each cache each one says 55 found.

The difference is the 6 we found on saturday. Is this normal or would it be a cause re the map. Although doesnt change fact that map shows all 61 as not found.

?

Edited by kph100

According to the logs at least, your account hasn't accessed the site since 27th September, which explains why you're not seeing your found caches (the website is treating you as a guest). If you try this map, I presume you see the caches coloured correctly?

What does it say in the top right hand corner of the web page, just under the MyStats link? If it's anything other than "Not logged in. login or register" then there's a bug in G:UK somewhere! What happens when you try to log in?

Can we just add that it is great to see them back - we have really missed them - it's funny how you take something for granted until it is no longer there.

Well done for all the work for getting this great resource back up and running.

MANY MANY thanks!!!!

John + Carol

Hi Teasel

Thks for your reply.....

I guess its to do with cookies, as its always worked before without physically logging in, so you get used to that .... I guess i must of cleared my cookies whilst site was down and not realised ....dooohhh

Works fine now Ive signed in again... once again its a great facility and really in debt to your hard work

Thks.

Glad we got it sorted. Everything should be back up now, including the mobile midlet and all autoresponders. There's a problem with the versions of the cache pages with OS grid references, which only seem to be working about 80% of the time. I expect it's something to do with GC.com blacklisting us for excessive use, 'cos they don't know that our server IP has changed. I'll have a word with Elias when I get back from holiday in a fortnight's time; in the meantime I've set it up so that after 10s of inactivity, you'll get redirected to the GC.com cache page. So at least you'll see something.

Cheers,

Ian

It's not an easy task to get everything singing the same song Teasel ... years of being employed as a computer manager and attempting to write programs that get differect servers and operating systems all talking to each other gave me some sleepless nights ... so I can appreciate all the work you have put in :lol:

Well done mate :lol:

Ullium.