Adding A Number To Known Coordinates

albeej

That's not much to go on. Is there a link to the cache?

Also.. there are no seconds for the coordinates listed, only decimal minutes.

I'm not sure how the cache owner intends the addition to be done, but maybe it could be figured out if the whole instruction were available to us.

Jamie

I vote for RK's answer. BTW; It's decimal minutes, not seconds.

CaptnJack: It doesn't really take any planning at all - just a simple subtraction of the "answer" from the known coordinates of stage 2.

albeej: You might want to edit your post. You've just published the solution to part of a multi-cache. The cache owner probably won't appreciate that.

CaptnJack: It doesn't really take any planning at all - just a simple subtraction of the "answer" from the known coordinates of stage 2.

I realize it would be easy enough just to add or subtract the same number from both coordinates, but what I mean by planning is that those numbers would have to end up at a good place to hide a cache. I think it could take several tries. ;)

but what I mean by planning is that those numbers would have to end up at a good place to hide a cache. I think it could take several tries. ;)

No, because the numbers that are given on the cache page (the coordinates you add the answer to) are not a "good" place. They are arbitrary, and are arrived at by subtracting the "answer" from both coordinates of the stage that the owner has already hidden.

Edited by blindleader
No, because the numbers that are given on the cache page (the coordinates you add the answer to) are not a "good" place. They are arbitrary, and are arrived at by subtracting the "answer" from both coordinates of the stage that the owner has already hidden.

Oh Duh! Now i see what you mean. You have to excuse me I just now got my first cup of coffee! ;)

You have to excuse me I just now got my first cup of coffee! ;)

Good excuse. I don't drink coffee so I have to fall back on advancing senility or stupidity when I make a mistake, like this morning when I was convinced for a few minutes that a clerk had shortchanged me. :lol: Life seems to have become a never ending string of embarrassments.

Hello,

There have been two "Report this Post" messages sent to the moderating team this evening in regards to this thread. I have reviewed the topic and I do not see any need for moderator intervention. Carry on.

And if, by chance, someone is accidentally clicking on the "report" button instead of the "quote" button, once you realize this I would ask that you use the "back" button on your browser. That way, no report is submitted and I have one less fire alarm to respond to. Thanks.

And if, by chance, someone is accidentally clicking on the "report" button instead of the "quote" button . . .

Somehow I hit the Report button occasionally accidentally. I think it's because the Quote reply button is in that location but the Add Reply button is in an entirely different location. That it, one kind of reply button is in one place and the other kind is in an entirely different place. I think what I'm doing is clicking the "other" button near Quote to reply. Perhaps if there were a regular Reply button near the Quote button this wouldn't happen. :laughing:

edited for spelling

Edited by Thot