100th Cache!

briansnat

I placed my 100th cache over the weekend. I put a lot of thought into this milestone cache. One idea was a totally lame lamp post hide in the new Walmart near where I live. I spent some time scouting the lampposts one recent evening. Then I considered a grueling multi cache that would challenge the most intrepid geocachers. Next I though, why not just place the kinds of caches I've been placing and finally I thought why not combine all three? A cache starting in a Walmart lot and ending on a rugged Ramapo peak.

Well my 100th cache is now sitting comfortably in a crevice somewhere in NJ and awaiting approval. Which way did I go? You will find out soon :anitongue: .

Now hiding one hundred caches is an accomplishment, Brian! Not only are your placements prolific, they are imaginative, well stocked and carefully prepared. That's why I've found 39 of your caches, even though we live almost an hour and a half apart. I particularily liked The Hikers Series, Ironman and Into The Valley. Keep up the good work my man!

Most of my posts in these threads are laced with sarcasm. Not this one. Many thanks to BrianSnat for the countless hours spent hiking within 10 minutes of my house but in areas I never would have visited were it not for him.

The Passaic Hideaway, however, counts as -10 caches placed. I think your corrected number stands at 90. Couldn't resist.

The Passaic Hideaway is not my cache, so there! Now if you wind up doing A Walk in the Park, you might want to subtract 20.

Most of my posts in these threads are laced with sarcasm. Not this one. Many thanks to BrianSnat for the countless hours spent hiking within 10 minutes of my house but in areas I never would have visited were it not for him.

The Passaic Hideaway, however, counts as -10 caches placed. I think your corrected number stands at 90. Couldn't resist.

And if its thorns and bloody shins you want, my latest cache should be the ticket.

Edited by briansnat
You're a crevice lover!!!

I'm not going to touch that one!!!!

On a more serious note, Brain has obviously made tremendous contributions to this little hobby of ours a deserves all of our thanks. I only wish I was located a little closer to his home base which would give me more opportunity to track down the 85 caches of his that I haven't looked for yet.

Congratulations on your 100th cache placement!

Your caches have been and are the best to seek. Knowing that they will be A+ quality containers within great venues for hiking have been the very reasons that I have been very happy and eager to hike after. Because of these high quality caches you have placed, you not only have enhanced Geocaching greatly in our area, but also contributed in my aspiration to the type/quality of caches I place now or in the future. Everyone should follow your example.

Thank you, Brian.

Congratulations on your 100th cache placement!

Your caches have been and are the best to seek. Knowing that they will be A+ quality containers within great venues for hiking have been the very reasons that I have been very happy and eager to hike after. Because of these high quality caches you have placed, you not only have enhanced Geocaching greatly in our area, but also contributed in my aspiration to the type/quality of caches I place now or in the future. Everyone should follow your example.

Thank you, Brian.

Awww shucks.

Everyone should follow your example. 

You mean drink lots of beer at events and lock up after the bartender has left? :(

But seriously though, maybe you can teach a comprehensive course on how to place good caches, I am sure there are some people (including myself) who might learn from it. I really want to perfect the "It's in a crevice" technique.

It's way too late to be a work, I'm going home. :lol:

Edited by avroair