Topo Doesn't Load Up On Legend

kingquad

I have a Garmin Legend GPS, and Have Metroguide canada V4, and Topo Canada V2 loaded on mapsource,...when i download it to Legend metroguide works perfectly up to the last little detail,....But I dont seem to be able to see the Topo details(elevations / brooks/ streams) is there an hidden setting i need to know or topo is just not compatible to legend. And if it is not compatible, why does it download in the GPS unit as a map and takes up the MG of memory??

thanks in advance for replies.......

:anitongue:

Do you have maps for the same area loaded from both MG and Topo? Only one type of map can be displayed at one time on the screen, so if both are loaded there's a heirarchy that determines which is displayed and MG is higher than Topo.

To see the Topo maps you can go into the menus on the Legend and manually set it to only display the Topo maps. I use this feature quite often - using MG to get to a trailhead, then switching to Topo for use during a hike.

If you have downloaded both Metroguide and Topo maps to your Legend there is a good chance that the default is to have them all "show". If thats the case then MG probably takes preference over Topo. What you have to do is go into 'Map Setup' and choose the option that lists all the maps that are downloaded. Remove the checkmark from the MG maps and leave the Topo maps checkmarked. You would do the opposite to have the MG show or uncheck all maps to see basemap only.

Good Luck, Olar