Gpxsonar For Windows Mobile Smartphones?

-=(GEO)=-

Hi all,

I've been thinking about making a version of GpxSonar for Windows Mobile 2003 SmartPhones but before investing any time in the project, I'd like to know if you own such devices (which models) and if you would consider using one instead of a regular PDA.

Thanks,

-Fabien.

Very interested, just got myself a SPV C500

I just recently got an SMT 5600 and I love it! It's only a matter of time before I implement GpxSonar for it. For the sake of speed, I may just port a subset of the C++ code over to the SmartPhone rather than rewriting everything in managed code. One thing is certain: the Smartphone version will only support a subset of the features of GpxSonar on the PPC.

Hi all,

I have a prototype version of GpxSonar for Smartphones running Windows Mobile 2003 / 2005. The prototype allows the user to do the following:

1. load a Gpx file

2. list all the caches in the gpx file

3. search for caches matching a keyword

4. show the actual cache page

5. show any Spoiler Pics associated with the cache

If you are interested in trying the application out, please email me privately throug my site account. Please let me know what type of Smartphone you are using and if you own a Bluetooth GPSr.

Regards,

-Fabien.