Champoeg 2005

fractal

You can now make camping reservations for Champoeg 2005, which takes place July 15-16.

Champoeg State Park Reservations

Last year, we filled up the A loop and spliied over into the B loop!

This will be the 4th year for the Champoeg get-together.

We join together in a service project for the park, enjoy a huge pot-luck, then take part in some event caches like you have never experienced before!

If you can join us, please post on the forums at www.champoeg.com.

You do NOT want to miss it!

-fractal

Edited by fractal

I must have been washing my hair when fractal made this announcement.

The only three campsites in the park that are available right now are handicap accessible. Which means that you MUST be handicapped in order to reserve them. Obviously, it would make sense to set those sites aside for the handicapped until the other sites are full, but that's not how it works. So, there are three empty sites in the park and I can't reserve one because I can walk. Talk about discrimination! (The same thing happened to us last year but we got a site in the B-loop, which was just fine. Now even the B-loop is full--except for the ADA sites.)

Adrian and I would like to come down for the fun. If anyone has reserved a large tent site and would like some company, please let me know. We have tent and just need somewhere to pitch it.

RTB.........

You can still go to the event.........you don't have to camp there to attend. A lot of folks will be just coming in for the day on Saturday. I would offer you a place to pitch a tent, but evidently that is not allowed at the cabins. I think there was an RV site that Trekks was going to be in, but is now not able to attend. You might try getting ahold of them.

JayBee

If anyone wants to take some Cannonball Racer TBs from my Beaverton Travel Bug Lounge cache to Champoeg, you are welcome to them. The "take only 5 bugs per visit" rule is suspended and bug take is unlimited for anyone who would do that for those bugs. There's an utter bleepload of those TBs in the cache.

(not doing Champoeg this year...)

Edited by Sparrowhawk
If anyone wants to take some Cannonball Racer TBs from my Beaverton Travel Bug Lounge cache to Champoeg, you are welcome to them. The "take only 5 bugs per visit" rule is suspended and bug take is unlimited for anyone who would do that for those bugs. There's an utter bleepload of those TBs in the cache.

(not doing Champoeg this year...)

I'll grab as many of the racers as I can. Is it OK to grab them all?

They will definitley get split up!