Another Request

Firehouse16

Jeremy,

A couple of things, besides my other requests.

- There was talk about a owner being able to see who's watching their caches?

- Being able to log TB's into a cache as an owner when the cache is new without having to post a note.

- Notification, if you are watching a cache, that the cache owner has made a change to the cache page. This would be a HUGE addition!

Worthy suggestions! ;)

- Notification, if you are watching a cache, that the cache owner has made a change to the cache page. This would be a HUGE addition!

I'll second this one. In to getting emails for logs posted to watched caches, emails should be sent when watched caches are updated in any way.

Thanks!

I beleive the reason given in the past for not having this is this:

For members-only caches one must be logged into the network, so the system knows who you are when you view the page.

One does not need to be logged into the site to view regular caches, and therefore there is not always a userid available.

I beleive the reason given in the past for not having this is this:

For members-only caches one must be logged into the network, so the system knows who you are when you view the page.

One does not need to be logged into the site to view regular caches, and therefore there is not always a userid available.

But you do need to be logged into the site to add a cache to your watch list and I think that is what has been discussed before. When I look at a cache of mine and see 5 people watching I might be interested in who those 5 people are.

Well 2 out of 3 isn't too bad, But I thought Jeremy mentioned once before about being able to see who was watching your caches someday?

Simply posting a note asking ‘So who’s watching?’ will most likely provide enough responses to satisfy most curious cache owners.

Well 2 out of 3 isn't too bad, But I thought Jeremy mentioned once before about being able to see who was watching your caches someday?

He did, but it wasn't favorable.

There simply isn't any good reason to do it, beside satisfying the idle curiosity of the owner (to which I say get over it), and several good reasons not to.