Mark "thecat" Thompson

leecee

Many of you will have heard that Mark sadly passed away in September, while preparing for moving into a new home in the Shetlands.

The funeral was held yesterday in Bradford and Mark was finally buried in Undercliffe Cemetery; a fitting location as he had previously spent time working there as a volunteer. I'm sure that there are many fellow friends and Geocachers who knew Mark well and would like to pay their respects to him, so these directions might be useful for anyone who wishes to visit:

Undercliffe Cemetery is quite large and spread out, so use the entrance at the junction of Otley Road and Harrogate Street. Immediately inside the gate is a small car park to the left, and Mark's grave can be found almost opposite here at Section G number 893.

Or - and I know Mark would've liked this - use the entrance at N 53 48.324 W 001 44.286 and make your way to N 53 48.295 W 001 44.260

LeeCee

Edited by leecee
I've had a multi cache planned for quite some time now that has one part of it in Undercliffe Cemetary.  When it gets approved I will put a note on the cache page to pass by Mark's new pad and say hello.

I can't think of a more fitting tribute.

Chris

Nore me. he would have liked that.

I can't express how sorry I am, but I only heard about this earlier today.

My best wishes go out to all his family. Mark and I had our debates, and discussions, but when we met in real life we also had our chuckles.

He encouraged me to be braver - or at least more confident - in real life than I truly was. I remember him imposing his "favourite thing" on another site to be skydiving, shortly after a bungee trip that had been undertaken. While I haven't tried the former yet, I will do, and it will be because of Mark.

I owe much to him, as I owe much to each and every soul I meet. He will be missed.

Apologies for length.

Edited by Kouros