Cachers Placing Caches Where Ever You Place Them.

Is it right when you hide a cache somewhere you think is a good place, such as a trail, and someone comes by and sticks a cache right in the middle of yours, I mean I have seen it done, a certain cache hides a cache where ever someone else hides one, Im talking really close by. Copying the location. I am playing a group of caches along a certain trail, I am just hoping that this particular cacher doesnt cram a cache in with mine, I have it fixed now so that you must go the full length of the trail to get all the caches. I havent reported the caches yet do to construction on the trail. Please let me know, I may be wrong but I believe that if someone finds a specific location to place a cache/ caches I believe that someone else should not come and place a cache in the middle of yours just because you put one there. This has happened alot with one individual. Am I right or wrong? please let me know.

By not reporting a cache do you mean you haven't listed yours yet?

Face it if it's not listed there is no way to know that your cache is there. Most of the time if you snooze you lose and that's just life. I've lost a lot of my good ideas for locatoins because I didn't place a cache there before someone else.

If you spent months working through the permission issue with the owner before you listed your cache and someone plops in and gets their cache approved with no permission that's another thing entirely.

We need to know all the details to give you a rock solid opinion.

I havent reported mine yet, Im saying from experience this individual puts a cache where ever someone else hides one. Im just saying once i announce mine he will probably put one right in the middle of mine, THE REASON I HAVENT REPORTED MINE YET IS BECAUSE THE TRAIL HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY SHUT DOWN FOR REPAIRS I CANT POST THEM UNTILL IT RE-OPENS NEXT WEEK. PEOPLE WILL BE TRYING TO GET TO THEM AND THEY CANT BECAUSE THE TRAILS BEING WORKED ON.

If the trail is closed, they won't be able to get up there to beat you to the locations. Go ahead and submit your caches.

If I places several caches on a trail and someone else added another, I would not be upset at all with the copy-cat. Instead, I would be happy that I could find a cache there the next time I went to check on my own.

When you start up your trail of caches, anyone else who comes along and puts one too close to yours would be noted by the approver and questioned. Unless the other cacher is registering his caches on another cache site, then there is little that can be done. As long as the other cacher (if he is using GC) keeps his cache 528 feet from yours, there is little you can do.

I occasionally place a cache on the way to or from other caches. If I'm going after your cache, I might decide I really like the area and place one nearby.

If that's what you're talking about, there's no harm in doing so.

If you're talking about something else other than that or what the previous responders have said...then, I guess you lost me. :blink:

I agree. It sounds like you mean that you've seen other cahces, and a certain person seems to place it very very near to it, and are worried about them putting one very near yours too once you get it listed (and by very near, I assume within say, a 50' area or less). If they are using geocaching.com , I don't know how they would have it approved, since, as is written, the 528' rule. Do you know if the caches this person is placing are listed on the site? If so, I would recommend contacting an approver for a doube-check. The only problem would be, if he is using another site for caching. In a case like that, the only thing you could do would be find him on that site, and ask him politely to move his cache. I doubt he would, if he is in fact deliberately placing them very near to gc.com cache sites.

I havent reported mine yet, Im saying from experience this individual puts a cache where ever someone else hides one. Im just saying once i announce mine he will probably put one right in the middle of mine, THE REASON I HAVENT REPORTED MINE YET IS BECAUSE THE TRAIL HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY SHUT DOWN FOR REPAIRS I CANT POST THEM UNTILL IT RE-OPENS NEXT WEEK. PEOPLE WILL BE TRYING TO GET TO THEM AND THEY CANT BECAUSE THE TRAILS BEING WORKED ON.

That's the second time I've seen you lose your temper when someone asks you a legitimate question to clarify what you meant. Ease up or lose the respect of the peers trying to help you by giving you good answers versus garbage.

IF you didn't lose your temper, know now that ALL CAPS is shouting and taken in the context you put it in, would allow others to perceive that you did lose your temper.

Is it right when you hide a cache somewhere you think is a good place, such as a trail, and someone comes by and sticks a cache right in the middle of yours, I mean I have seen it done, a certain cache hides a cache where ever someone else hides one, Im talking really close by. Copying the location. I am playing a group of caches along a certain trail, I am just hoping that this particular cacher doesnt cram a cache in with mine, I have it fixed now so that you must go the full length of the trail to get all the caches. I havent reported the caches yet do to construction on the trail. Please let me know, I may be wrong but I believe that if someone finds a specific location to place a cache/ caches I believe that someone else should not come and place a cache in the middle of yours just because you put one there. This has happened alot with one individual. Am I right or wrong? please let me know.

I do not mean to upset you TH . but you do seem to have a lot of issues with "other cachers" and/or approvers . Relax man . The approver's follow the guidlines set forth at gc.com . People can place caches whereever they chose as long as it is as stated before at least 530 feet from an already existing cache.

I personally welcome any caches places , weather they are placed near one of mine or not .

Star of Team Tigger International :anibad:

Edited by Team Tigger International
It sounds like you are placing a series of caches along a specific trail.

Beat this cache claim jumper to the punch and place a cache every 528 feet along the trail.  At the very least, the claim jumper will have to walk 1/10 mile from the trail to place any other caches. ;)

Oh dear God, don't EVER suggest setting up a power caching trail in these forums! blowingup.gif

:anibad::huh::lol:

:P