Adopting Cache Series

Capitalpete

I have a question.

I have a cache series called "A penny for your thoughts" and I do not have a great deal of time to devote to maintaining the series.

The cache series have been quite popular, and I would like to see it continue. It really has not been that much work, only the occaisional missing cache container.

But, I do not have a lot of time right now to maintain them. Is there a way for someone to (Victoria) to adopt the series? How can I post it for adoption?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

CP

That actually is easy too.

The Geocacher that is going to adopt the series needs to send an email to Cache-Advance, Cache-Tech and/or Cache-Agent to let them know that they are willing to adopt the series.

It would probably be helpful if they included all the GCxxxx numbers to facilitate the adoption.

It wouldn't hurt if you sent a note to the Triumverate of Approvers as well.

They can transfer the geocaches from your account to the new person's account once they have received confirmation from the new owner.

Nice of you to be concerned about the series.

Hope you find time to come back to Geocaching soon.

:lol: The Blue Quasar

Edited by The Blue Quasar

No involvement by a volunteer cache reviewer is needed here. We get involved in "non-consensual" adoptions where the existing owner is MIA. That's not the case here. See the FAQ document in the Groundspeak Knowledgebase regarding cache transfers. All that's needed is one e-mail to contact at geocaching dot com from the existing owner, listing the new owner and the cache names and waypoint numbers. No need for a mass e-mailing to multiple reviewers.

Hiya CapitalPete!

You might just end up selling me that Fancy pants Garmin GPSMAP 60cs after all... It looks like I will be coming back to the Island sooner than I expected, more news later when confirmed.

Sorry to hear you are not able to take care of your caches, but them's the breaks of having family and responsabilities to boot! S'funny how they seem to keep saying "Daddy, I'm hungry!" every day... "Did I not feed you yesterday?" doesn't seem to go over so well though...

Anyhow just thought I would say HI! while I was cruising the site...

Be well!!!