Delay Between Cache Log And Email???

Thot

There’s a significant time difference between when someone logs a find (or note) to my cache and the time it shows up on the cache page or I receive an email.

This time difference can go either way. Today I received an email notifying me of a find, but when I go to the cache page it’s not there. A couple of days ago I got an email notice and when I went to the cache page the one with the notice was there and another for which I had not received an email. Several hours later I got the email. This has happened more than once.

I’m aware email can get delayed but I was getting other mail from gc.com without delays and there was no evidence any of my other mail was delayed.

In any case the first example above cannot be accounted for by mail delays because I got the email and the log still hadn’t been posted. In fact, I just checked and it still hasn’t been posted.

Some of that may be that your machine has cached the cache page in it's cache.

Hmm. What I meant to say is that a lot of browsers keep a local copy of the web page and age it out only after a few hours or days. Your browser may not have gotten the most current page from the Web site.

In the early days some internet providers would also cache pages on their local machines to provide "more responsive" service.

If you are running IE, then change it to always check for a new page on every access. Click on TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS. Be sure the GENERAL tab is active. Look for the area about Temporary Internet Files and click on the SETTINGS button. Then be sure that the section "Check for newer versions of stored pages" is set to "Every visit to the page". You might also want to lower the amount of disk space that IE can use to store temporary files.

Milage with other browsers may vary.

Edit note: Can't spell and other word smithing.

Edited by KG7JE