Downloads Via Wifi To My Ipaq

fkrexcal

I have an iPAQ 4355. The OS is Windows CE 4.20. I use GPX Sonar to view .gpx files on my handheld PC. It works great if I first bring in the .gpx files into my laptop and then transfer them to my iPAQ. I have tried to download files via WiFi directly into my handheld and they come back with an .aspx file extension which is not recognized by GPX Sonar. I have tried to download pocket queries into my handheld but Yahoo always intercepts them and thinks they are viruses. I have tried to download zipped files into my handheld but there does not seem to be a way to unzip them in the handheld. I travel a lot and would like to just use my iPAQ to carry cache pages and then report back on my finds. I don't want to carry my laptop with me on trips. Any suggestions?

Hi there,

I have tried to download files via WiFi directly into my handheld and they come back with an .aspx file extension which is not recognized by GPX Sonar.

.aspx files cannot be recognized by GPXSonar (or any other GPX-processing app for that matter) because they don't contain any XML cache data. aspx files are dynamic server pages executed by ASP .Net when you click the 'download' icon. The script generates the GPX/LOC content on the fly.

I have tried to download zipped files into my handheld but there does not seem to be a way to unzip them in the handheld

That's easy to fix: use Total Commander CE which has an 'unzip' feature.Total Commander CE