Lame Duck

Tahosa and Sons

Fall is almost gone, and as usual no functions or events now that we have some nice days in the hills.

Tahosa, I'm confused. Weren't you at the 2nd Annual Colorado Geocachers Event just 16 days ago? Ahh, of course you were because you logged it and there are several other logs praising your chili. Have you forgotten already? :lol:

And Tahosa before you say anything, that was Josh's event that CACHE supported so it counts. And there was the CACHE End Of Summer EVENT GCK6F1 in Aug. it was an official event. so it was listed on GC.com. We normally have 4 meetings a year. so we are on track, you want more meetings say something. Somethng constructive.

I have also offered to let Cdirt use my web space for the CACHE site (and help him update it when necessary). I even offered to buy more space if they need it and foot the monthly bill.

I organized the End of Summer CACHE bash which was posted on the gc.com site. About 50 people attended and it was a great event. I am currently organizing the December event (which will be at my friends bar/billiards club since it will be too cold to be outside...and yes, it is being reserved just for us).

I tend to organize our events in the Aurora area because that is where I live and I get discounts through the City of Aurora on park rentals because I work for them.

If anyone else wants to organize an event elsewhere, I would definitely attend!

I must be confused. :lol:

In my line of thinking events called for and hosted by members of CACHE, are events done by the cache owner, not CACHE. And I thought the event by JJASKS was by JJASKS not by CACHE.

As to the functionality of the outdated CACHE website, that place should be listed as a locationless benchmark.

Error Has Occured!

Username does not exist.

Slainte gus saol Agat.

Edited by Tahosa and Sons
I must be confused.  :lol: 

In my line of thinking events called for and hosted by members of CACHE, are events done by the cache owner, not CACHE.  And I thought the event by JJASKS was by JJASKS not by CACHE.

As to the functionality of the outdated CACHE website, that place should be listed as a locationless benchmark.

Error Has Occured!

Username does not exist.

Slainte gus saol Agat.

Its easy to complain. Harder to offer to help. So do you want your membership fees returned? DO you want your membership canceled? Do you want to help make it better??? as I said you need to tell me if you are having problems with the site. BTW you signed up as Tahosa_and_Sons. you need to use that login ID. I checked and its valid. The Jask thing was supported by CACHE. It was Jasks event, we just supported it. Would you like to host a november event?? So again I will ask, do you want to help of just complain???? Its a volunteer group. If you feel its not going the way you want, volunteer to help change it!! The forums work. IF you use the right login. If you dont like the main website, get a hold of the webmaster and offer to help. He has been very busy with his real life and would probably welcome the offer.

I just tried your login as Tahosa_and_sons. works great. Is that the login you were trying to use??? I am sending you a PM about the password.

Edited by Lapaglia
I have also offered to let Cdirt use my web space for the CACHE site (and help him update it when necessary). I even offered to buy more space if they need it and foot the monthly bill.

I organized the End of Summer CACHE bash which was posted on the gc.com site. About 50 people attended and it was a great event. I am currently organizing the December event (which will be at my friends bar/billiards club since it will be too cold to be outside...and yes, it is being reserved just for us).

I tend to organize our events in the Aurora area because that is where I live and I get discounts through the City of Aurora on park rentals because I work for them.

If anyone else wants to organize an event elsewhere, I would definitely attend!

And you do a GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

List your event! You never know how many people will show until you list it. Or do what I did. I posted in the regional forums first, asking if anyone would be interested in attending (just to get a feel for how many people might show up). I got a good response so I went from there.

In the last 3 months there have been 2 events.

I must be really confused I haven't seen a meeting/event posted by C.A.C.H.E. since March '04!!

Event Cache By Username (Hidden) - User: C.A.C.H.E. [New Search]

(1/1)

21 Mar 04 C.A.C.H.E. MARCH MEETING by C.A.C.H.E. (GCHRBE)

Colorado 22 Mar 04

(1/1)

18 Jan 04 C.A.C.H.E. Winter Meeting by C.A.C.H.E. (GCHD37)

Colorado 25 Jan 04

18 Jan 04

(1/1)

26 Jul 03 C.A.C.H.E. July Pic-nic In the Mtns, Man by C.A.C.H.E. (GCGE0P)

Colorado 26 Jul 03

Click the profile for this profile of CACHE

Click the profile for this profile of C.A.C.H.E

Click the profile for this profile of C.A.C.H.E.

Take your pick, who is the real C.A.C.H.E. :anibad:

In the last 3 months there have been 2 events.

I must be really confused I haven't seen a meeting/event posted by C.A.C.H.E. since March '04!!

Event Cache By Username (Hidden) - User: C.A.C.H.E. [New Search]

(1/1)

21 Mar 04 C.A.C.H.E. MARCH MEETING by C.A.C.H.E. (GCHRBE)

Colorado 22 Mar 04

(1/1)

18 Jan 04 C.A.C.H.E. Winter Meeting by C.A.C.H.E. (GCHD37)

Colorado 25 Jan 04

18 Jan 04

(1/1)

26 Jul 03 C.A.C.H.E. July Pic-nic In the Mtns, Man by C.A.C.H.E. (GCGE0P)

Colorado 26 Jul 03

Click the profile for this profile of CACHE

Click the profile for this profile of C.A.C.H.E

Click the profile for this profile of C.A.C.H.E.

Take your pick, who is the real C.A.C.H.E. :anibad:

Imajika did the last CACHE event in Aug if I remember correctly. it WAS a CACHE event. ask her.

I am still missing your point. if you don't like the way it is running and feel it should be better. Offer to help. Anyone can stand on the outside and complain. Step up the the plate and offer to help improve it.

An event can be a CACHE event without using the CACHE login. the first several were done without using the CACHE log in.

This is getting old and repetitive.

Step up and offer to help or take your complaints to the CACHE forums. you are doing nothing but being a pain when you just complain and do not offer help or at the least suggestions. Even when Imajika says she did an event you don't mention that one. What do you want to hear? What is your question? Are you offering to be on the Board of Directors? Or are you here just to complain. I am confused.

You know the forum address and I know you finally logged back in with the correct user name. thats the place to voice this. but either place. What do you suggest to solve the problems you perceive??

You know the forum address and I know you finally logged back in with the correct user name. thats the place to voice this. but either place.

Well I have tried that and it still doesn't allow me access, and hasn't for over a week. And won't even work today. As some have said in previous Forums they suck.

And a event or meeting called by a member of C.A.C.H.E is an event by that person, not the group. And this is my perception.

How long before someone starts to create caches listing C.A.C.H.E as the owner and puts them in a forbidden zone. Who will get the blame, not the actual hider but C.A.C.H.E. There should be control over the name of the group, not free usage of the acronym by those that want to plan an event. So when a member wants to do a C.A.C.H.E event/meeting they should submit the cache description to the real owner of C.A.C.H.E and then the cache could be submitted for approval by said owner,providing it meets all the guidelines.

Being on a board of directors is not my forte. Its a problem to go to Denver as much as it is for others to go North.

CACHE can sponsor a meeting hosted by a member as a get together for no particular CACHE purpose and that's one thing.

CACHE can sponsor a meeting and discuss CACHE business and that's another.

The first would be hard to tell from a regular event cache. If I understand Tahosa right most meetings fall in the first catagory. Maybe Tahosa is wondering about the latter?

The CITO this year and the end of summer get together were posted under my name because I honestly didn't know any better. I wanted the event to be posted well in advance and I wanted it posted right away. I wasn't made aware of the CACHE login on gc.com until we were at the end of summer event and CoAdmin told me what it was.

Both of the events under my name were sponsered, authorized CACHE events. Keep in mind that the two previous events were posted under my user name but the 'owner' was listed as CACHE (no periods). I will be posting the December event under the CACHE login.

So, calling CACHE a 'lame duck' because there are no events/meetings is not approprite in my opinion . There have been events this year (including the one in the Springs a few weeks ago) that were organized by one or two individuals but were sponsered by CACHE.

And as for forums, well, let me speak from experience (experience related to an MMORPG I play):

Our guild has a web site and for a long time, we offered forums for our guild members. The sad truth is, no one posted on the forums enough to make it worthwhile. Any guild news was sent via email. We asked our guild members (120 people) what they thought of the forums (should they stay or go).

Guild members told us that the forums should go. Why? Because any news was sent via email and people preferred the official game forums instead. They preferred the 'official game forums' because they could reach a wider audience with any game concerns, comments, etc. they had. Our guild forums were shut down shortly afterwards.

I think this is the issue the CACHE forums are facing. People just prefer to discuss things via email or on the official gc.com forums instead. They prefer to discuss things amongst several thousand people instead of 50 people. Then again, this is just my opinion based on previous experience. Maybe if the forums were revamped, things would change.

Since Cdirt has been so busy lately, if you know anyone that would like to rework the web site, please have them contact me. I am willing to provide the server space and pay for it with my own money. I would offer to rework the site on my own but I am only skilled in HTML. I don't know anything about java programming or php stuff. Or, if no one minds plain old HTML programming, I can start working on the site now...we can still have forums (with a secondary company to manage them for us) and I can offer to run a mailing list that would alert members to any upcoming events, etc.

Just let me and CoAdmin know what you want and we can work with you. If anyone else from CACHE is reading this, please give us your opinions, ideas and suggestions. Unfortunately, I can't read minds so I have no idea what everyone wants. All you need to do is let me know!

Thanks!

Edited by Imajika
CACHE can sponsor a meeting hosted by a member as a get together for no particular CACHE purpose and that's one thing.

CACHE can sponsor a meeting and discuss CACHE business and that's another.

The first would be hard to tell from a regular event cache. If I understand Tahosa right most meetings fall in the first catagory. Maybe Tahosa is wondering about the latter?

With the exception of the colorado springs meeting all events covered CACHE business as part of the agenda. We dont know what Tahosa whats because he wont say. Untill he does you and I are just guessing about what he means.

Why do people feel they have to jump in and try to explain what someone means. If that person wants us to know THEY will tell us. No one needs to make comments like

Maybe Tahosa is wondering about the latter?
Maybe Tahosa doens't mean that maybe he does. We dont know. This is a man well over the age of 21. Lets let him talk for himself and not try to "GUESS" or "THINK" what it is he is trying to say.
...Why do people feel they have to jump in and try to explain what someone means. If that person wants us to know THEY will tell us. No one needs to make comments like
Maybe Tahosa is wondering about the latter?
Maybe Tahosa doens't mean that maybe he does. We dont know. This is a man well over the age of 21. Lets let him talk for himself and not try to "GUESS" or "THINK" what it is he is trying to say.

I read what he said and then asked if I understood. Because it's in a forum where anyone can read it, I worded it like that on purpose. Anyone can read and anyone can respond, but in reality the question was for Tahosa.

To answer your first question, you made an assumption that I'm trying to explain it to you. What I'm trying to do is make sure I understand the issue Tahosa has brought up. If that helps you out, fine. If not, it's good information just the same.

Posting a summary question to make sure you understand the issue is exactly how you prevent miscommunications caused by guessing.

Here is a nice Irish Lulaby for you. Cache on.

Tha Mi Fo Chùram

Tha mi fo chùram a dhiu ro eileadh

Tha mi fo chùram 's fo mhoran tursa.

'S mo cheist air cùirteir a' bhrollaich ghlè-ghil.

Tha mi fo chùram a dhiu ro eileadh.

Tha mi fo ghruaimean

'S gur fhad o'n uair sin

Mo ghaol a' bhuachaill

'S cha chual e fhèin e.

Ma gheibh mi airgiod

A bheir air falbh mi,

Gu lean mi Tormod

'S cha dealaichinn fhèin ris.

Mo cheist an cìobair

Tha'n cois na frìthe

'S mo chridhe 'g innse

Nach dean e feum dhomh.

Nach mi bha gòrach

An duil ri pòsadh

Gun stoc gun stòras

Gun or gun Bheurla.

I recently moved to Colorado from Oregon. We had no “official” organization, but someone always seemed to put an event cache together. Most times they were informal gatherings at a local brewpub. No “official” organization, just a bunch of cachers getting together to drink beer, eat a talk about caching. IMHO the less structure and more beer the better.

Most times they were informal gatherings at a local brewpub. No “official” organization, just a bunch of cachers getting together to drink beer, eat a talk about caching. IMHO the less structure and more beer the better.

Fathergoose, you are speaking volumes.

Myself and 5 other cachers meet at a brewpub on and afternoon every week, sip a few micros (or tea), munch and pretty much talk over lots and lots of things. Some items are caching. But more often than not, it is just the comradery. Through caching we became friends. We even have a side bet that we don't really enforce, that the person that doesn't get at least one cache per week, has to buy the first round.

I missed Imajikas event in Sept. due to a vacation (dadgum the luck, anyway). I really enjoyed Tahosa's "Heritage in the Fall" event.

Events/meetings are going to be fluid. You may never know how many people will be there. Summers are generally very busy times for a lot of people. AND THEN there is that work, thingy that we all have to deal with.

(edit spelling)

Edited by zoltig

The C.A.C.H.E. FORUMS have a new look and some new sections.

If you are new to the forums click register. After you sign up you are informed that you need to e-mail C.A.C.H.E. though the GC.com site via e-mail a player. we will send you your password back through your GC.com email. We are having some SMTP problems and this is a temp fix. Its worth checking out.

Visit us here!!!!

LaPaglia

Edited by Lapaglia

If you are new to the forums click register. After you sign up you are informed that you need to e-mail C.A.C.H.E. though the GC.com site via e-mail a player. we will send you your password back through your GC.com email. We are having some SMTP problems and this is a temp fix. Its worth checking out.

Visit us here!!!!

LaPaglia

The link takes me here:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/yabb on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at Neurobox.gotdns.org Port 80

Visit us here!!!!

LaPaglia

The link takes me here:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/yabb on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at Neurobox.gotdns.org Port 80

sorry, its fixed

Edited by Lapaglia
So what day will this event be?

You never know how many will attend if you dont try.

Nov 14th. at 0830, And its been awaiting approval for 4 days now.

The Hike

e2ef7a2b-0271-4647-b8ac-b128afb539fd.jpg

Despite the fact that the guidelines say "For geocaching events that involve several components, such as a day-long group cache hunt that also involves a seminar and dinner, I had to archive the cache because it doesn't meet the guidelines.

Edited by Tahosa and Sons

With the exception of the colorado springs meeting all events covered CACHE business as part of the agenda.

I don't normally read these things so pardon my ignorance. :rolleyes:

What Colorado Springs meeting?

You have a group that gets together regularily?

Anyone interested in The National Map Corps? (I need local help.)

With the exception of the colorado springs meeting all events covered CACHE business as part of the agenda.

I don't normally read these things so pardon my ignorance. :rolleyes:

What Colorado Springs meeting?

You have a group that gets together regularily?

Anyone interested in The National Map Corps? (I need local help.)

This is the meeting that you have in question. It was actually an event.

Send out some info on The National Map Corps.

Holy crap. What a bunch of garbage.

I finally make some time and come in here to see whats been goin on, and all I see is someone who hasn't yet explained himself properly and still griping on.

You want an updated site Tahosa? Then, dagnabit, you build the thing. :o

You don't like the forums, you put 'em together and maintain 'em. B)

Most of us donate our time so we can have fun and enjoy the sport. We do our level best to add to the game. You may plant caches, but you've done nothing but complain about CACHE for this entire thread with absolutely no constructive help what so ever. Why?

Some people actually want to help and I am one. Regretfully, my complaint is that I don't have enough time to do it. Instead of spending all your free time caching (which is what most of us would like to do) try doing something constructive. Get together with someone and plan a CACHE event like Lapaglia recommended. Plan a CITO event like Imajika. Do something beside moan and groan about things you won't help change. As far as I am concerned, if you won't help then just be quiet.

As for the site, I am currently rebuilding it as time permits, and it is actually beginning to take shape. I have 3 of the 19 pages built and 3 more that are close to finished. If you all want forums included, fine. If not, I can leave them out. They will be based on phpbb just like these forums we are currently arguing on.

CdirtO

For those of you who don't like my tone, I apologize. But I would love to dedicate more of my time to this group. I wish that I could and to hear someone who has that time complain just really ticks me off.