Legend C For $169.99 At Target

mattt

I see a lot happened while I was away for a few days. I got my cancel too, but didn't get the $20.00. I guess I will hold office max in higher regard because they did honor their mistake and so I don't even feel like going into a Target to shop for the $20 gift cerficiate, even if they gave it to me. So I bought a lottery ticket and lost, I will still keep watching for the next good deal the forum finds and will try for that one too. But for this hand, I will fold and gracefully leave the table.

Interesting article in todays paper, financial section.

Target 3qtr Revenues up 78%. They earned $537 million in Q3.

And they couldn't offer the Legend C at cost? :P

Next (if not already) they'll be outsourcing jobs to India, and laying off American workers.

They really need to remember that without customers, they're out of business.

Wow.

It is really interesting to compare the crowing in the first few posts to the anger and resentment in the later posts.

Up front, folks thought they were taking advantage of an obvius error in Target's web page. there was at least one person that ordered 3. (Greedy?)

Now, the same folks are casting aspersions a Target because they didn't get to take that advantage. No one lost money, they just didn't get this "steal."

I see postings, that they are "owed" this, and that Target should be able to afford this. How odd.

(Yes, in the old days of newspaper ad errors, some store would honor the mistakes. But not all. And, it would happen for just a few customers before it could be fixed. In the day of Internet advertising, this changes over to become hundres or more of customers.)

As was noted in the first many posts, there are disclaimers on Target's web site adressing this situation.

What is all the fuss about?

Up front, folks thought they were taking advantage of an obvius error in Target's web page. there was at least one person that ordered 3. (Greedy?)

As was noted in the first many posts, there are disclaimers on Target's web site adressing this situation.

Before criticizing everyone, get your facts straight.

I did indeed order three (for myself and two sons). I'd hardly call that greedy. And early on, I posted Target's pricing policy and continued to do so throughout the entire thread indicating to folks that it was probably an error and that Target wasn't obligated to honor such errors.

I even emailed them on three separate occasions to verify the validity of the ad. I changed the wording each time, because I wasn't sure they were interpreting my emails correctly. The first responses indicated that the ad was indeed valid. The final response indicated that the ad was an error and that they had canceled my order.

I certainly hold no grudges, nor do I expect them to honor their error. Mistakes happen.

I certainly hold no grudges, nor do I expect them to honor their error. Mistakes happen.

Then you are what I would refer to as reasonable. If I had tried it and failed, I would have had the same "oh well!" attitude.

The ones I am amazed at, are the ones who are angry.

But, I am often considered to be too old fashioned.

(BTW - the word greedy had a question mark. )

I sent a polite E-mail stating my disappointment with Target and the fact they had the offer on their website for more than a week and took almost a month after ordering to inform me that there was a mistake. They offered me the Legend bonus pack for $120 including shipping. Not exactly what I wanted but a nice offer anyway. :(

I sent a polite E-mail stating my disappointment with Target and the fact they had the offer on their website for more than a week and took almost a month after ordering to inform me that there was a mistake. They offered me the Legend bonus pack for $120 including shipping. Not exactly what I wanted but a nice offer anyway. :(

Well it was nice that they actually offered you something. I called and went around and around with them and came out with nothing....

Nope...doesn't look like there can be much more dicussion unfortunetly. Target is going to stand firm on what they have said. Who's to blame them though, I guess they, like all people, didn't want to lose money. I still believe that they should have went though with it, it does degrade a company when something like this happens, but I will not stop shopping there completly...well that is all for now...maybe we will get a chance on another deal like this...you never know...

The drama continues....

Sent a complaint about the mis-advertised Legend C, to the BBB back on 11.11.04. Finally getting a response back from Target. Seems they are just trying to play dumb and hope I just go away....

Here's how they answered the BBB.....

RESPONSE:

12/10/04

Thank you for contacting Target.com. My name is Tracy XXXX and I am a member of the Executive Guest Relations team at the corporate offices of target.com. I welcome the chance to address this consumers complaint. However, I was unable to locate a Target.com account. If we could please receive more information regarding this consumer, we would be happy to respond. As the consumer indicates they placed the order online; we would appreciate the information indicated below: Name on Account from which order was placed. Email address associated with the Target.com account. Telephone number. This information may be sent to resolution@target.com or faxed to 206-xxx-xxxx. I look forward to responding to this complaint. Best Regards, Tracy xxxx Executive Guest Relations Target.com ==========

This was after the BBB contacted them 2 times.....

Oh, and BTW....it only took Target 3 weeks to have UPS come by and pickup my return package. They did however credit my credit card

account right away.

Was just wondering if anyone else was having the same response.

JayBee