Legend C For $169.99 At Target

mattt

:P Target web site says that the C usually ships in 2-3 weeks. So I called Target and asked why I am waiting over a month, and the ETA says December. I got a customer service woman who just kept repeating that if I wanted to I could cancel my order and reorder the one that says 2-3 week delivery. I asked why I would have to cancel my order and reorder, and we just went round and round. :huh:

It's lookin' more like they intend on sending the Legend NOT C.

I wrote them an email asking the same question. No response yet.

Normally I wouldn't call or write, but at this point, I don't see that it will matter. :P

That is just the Etrex Legend, not the Legend C.. sorry to burst your bubble, but that is still a good price for the Etrex Legend.

Did you order one when it was still a C? I know that now it is listed as a plain Legend but those of us who have full blown orders for C have not been notified so far of a change. I am still waiting for someone to get a regular or get the "e-mail" saying they aren't shipping it. How do you know that it isn't what we ordered and since our order still says C, unless you also ordered how do you know that we won't get what we ordered? Cards still on the table untill the dealer calls misdeal and I haven't heard the "dealer" say misdeal yet.

The deal is a no go. This is a copy of the email sent to a local cacher on their order.

Greetings from Target.com.

Please accept our sincere apologies that the title listed on our Web

site for the eTrex Legend Bonus Pack was incorrect at the time you

placed your order. This title discrepancy was due to a technical

error, and was on the site a short time before we were able to

correct it. It appears your order was placed during this time.

We will of course understand if you no longer want this item. You

can cancel unshipped items online and we'll send you an e-mail

confirmation of your cancellation. Just follow these steps:

1. Click the "My Account" link at the top of our home page

(http://www.target.com).

2. Click "Cancel items or orders."

3. Sign in with your e-mail address and password.

4. Click the "View or change order" button on the relevant order.

5. Click "Need to cancel an item?"

6. Click the checkbox next to "Cancel 1 item" for any items you'd

like to cancel.

7. Click the "Cancel checked items" button.

Again, please accept our apologies for this error.

Mine still says a C and I have not received any e-mails. When I check the order it hasn't changed in description or title. The link says, if you want to buy another one order here but it doesn't say that is what I am getting, it seems to want me to order another one. I don't know what to tell you but so far, my order still says I am getting a C and not a regular. And that it will be here in two to six weeks.

I have my hard copy reciept that states "C". That's what I am bringing with me to the store if the Legend is shipped. :o

I hate to tell ya buddy, but the store won't be able to do anything for you as I work at the Guest Service counter at my target store. Target stores dont have anything to do with Target.com as the only thing we are able to do is return the merchandise with a valid receipt. We can connect you with target.com over the phone but thats all that can be done! B)

-L33T_Hacksta

the only thing we are able to do is return the merchandise with a valid receipt.

I ordered one of the Vista Cs, and yet haven't received any email telling me my order is incorrect. I'll wait and see.

Are you saying that if they go ahead and send me a regular Vista, which I don't want, I can take it to my local Target store for a refund?

Jamie

the only thing we are able to do is return the merchandise with a valid receipt.

I ordered one of the Vista Cs, and yet haven't received any email telling me my order is incorrect. I'll wait and see.

Are you saying that if they go ahead and send me a regular Vista, which I don't want, I can take it to my local Target store for a refund?

Jamie

If you can pull up a receipt using your order number @ http://www.target.com/gp/css/returns/homep...1060048-1727843?

you are good to go and can return it at the store. You're invoice that you get in the packaging is not a receipt. Most items can be returned at the store from Target.com, I have never dealt with returning electronics from target.com to date! But you should have no problem!

-L33T_Hacksta

Maybe, but they will NOT refund your shipping charges at the store. Chances are, you'll have to return it by mail.

Target.com Return Policy

Most items on Target.com can be returned to a Target Store or by mail. Please note that shipping and handling and gift wrap charges cannot be refunded when returning items to a store. Target.com does carry a select assortment of Web-exclusive items that can be returned only via mail.

Edited by tubemonkey

Give it up guys, Target will NOT be sending anyone a Legend C. It was an error on their part and they are NOT obligated to honor it, nor will they do so. Here's the email I received from them:

Greetings from Target.com.

I'm sorry for any misunderstandings with your order item, "eTrex Legend C Bonus Pack." Unfortunately, your order was placed for the item version with the 8MB of flash memory. Therefore, I have canceled your order so that you may go back and place a new order for the item your wanting to purchase, "Garmin eTrex Legend C Pocket-Sized Color Handheld GPS--ETREXLEGENDC." The catalog number for this item is 650402 and the link is:

For any inconvenience this has caused you, I'm sending you a $20 promotional code to use toward any future order you may place on Target.com.

Of course I didn't order the wrong item; Target was the one who advertised and linked the wrong item. But it matters not, as their policy clearly states that they aren't responsible for this type of mistake.

I strongly suggest you guys email them for clarification (that's what prompted this response from them), otherwise they will ship you the older version Legend and then you'll have to deal with returning it and trying to recover your shipping charges.

I'll wait until they either send the right or wrong one, or email me. If they send me the wrong one, I'll be getting my shipping charges back, no need to worry about that.

I am in full agreement. I placed an order for a Legend C. As far as I know, that's what they are sending. If I receive something else, then they made a mistake, and should provide a FULL refund, along with an appology and some atonement gesture ($20 gift cert).

Unless I get an email before they ship, that's what I expect. If I do get an email, then the ball is in my court, and of course I'll cancel.

Most reputable companies will stand behind their error. I am hoping Target is one of them.

I'm hanging in there.

Do what you feel comfortable with. If you got a letter and want to leave it at that, then by all means do that. I did not get a letter, so I will stay put until they make a move. They can send me a letter, or send me the item I ordered, or send me an item I didn't order. Depending on what they do, then the ball is in my court, and I can decide what I should do. :huh:

I got an e-mail this morning from Target.

Thank you for ordering from Target.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items today, and that this

completes your order.

The following items were included in this shipment:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal

1 eTrex Legend C Bonus Pack $169.99 1 $169.99

Sold by target.com - taxed

Item Subtotal: $169.99

Shipping and Handling: $6.17

Promotional Certificate: - $17.00

Sales Tax: $9.94

Total: $169.10

I guess I'll find out in a few days. I actually think it's kind of fun anticipating what it will be, although I'm fairly sure it will be a regular legend. Still not a bad price for the regular with the case, so it might end up a christmas present if I can't talk them out of a C. ;)

I just saw a new Garmin display in Target the other day. They have several different bonus packs just in time for the holiday season. This explains why they clearanced out the eTrex Yellow's and Forerunner 201's. Those items were not bonus packs. I believe they have 5 different bonus packs in stock:

eTrex Yellow Bonus Pack

eTrex Legend Bonus Pack

Foretrex 101 Bonus Pack

Forerunner 201 Bonus Pack

GPS V Bonus Pack

I got an e-mail this morning from Target.

Thank you for ordering from Target.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items today, and that this

completes your order.

The following items were included in this shipment:

1        eTrex Legend C Bonus Pack      $169.99  1      $169.99

I can't tell you why some got a "your order has been canceled" and some of us have not gotten anything. I will still stay on the table until I get either a cancel or a "your item has been shipped" As niskibum says, target says they are shipping the right one. I guess if it says they have shipped a C then it should arrive as a C.

Edited by Riddlers
I guess if it says they have shipped a C then it should arrive as a C.

Target.com does not stock the eTrex Legend C Bonus Pack. So how can they ship an item to you that they don't sell? This is what they currently sell:

Garmin eTrex Legend C -- $349.99

Catalog: 650402 ... ASIN: B0002MQ744

eTrex Legend Bonus Pack -- $169.99

Catalog: 579725 ... ASIN: B0002VQ3UI

Garmin eTrex Legend GPS -- $169.99

Catalog: 502504 ... ASIN: B000058BCQ

When the warehouse dude fills your order, he's going to fill it based upon numbers, not the product description line. He will go to the shelf and pull Catalog: 579725 ... ASIN: B0002VQ3UI. Even if he spots the letter "C" in the description, he'll just pass it off as a typo. Afterall, you ordered Catalog: 579725 ... ASIN: B0002VQ3UI and that's precisely what he'll ship to you.

If they indicated that a Legend C was coming, it gives you a lot more leverage if you want to negotiate. While they do not offer a Legend C Bonus Pack, the do sell the Legend C alone. You can demand a C Bonus Pack, and then be a sport about it and "settle" for just a Legend C.

I agree

Isn't bait and switch against the law? You know baiting some one to do something,

then switching the price on them.  Hummmm

Yup, but since this isn't bait and switch there isn't that problem.

Let's see, they described a C, we bought a C, the shipping to niskibum says they are shipping a C, to me if they send a plain legend, then it might be viewed as a switch. There was no notice saying it wasn't a C.

I ordered mine on Oct 11 ..... on Oct 26 Target canceled my order because they advertised the wrong item. They instructed me to place a new order for the item I really wanted -- the Legend C at a cost of $350 each.

For my inconvenience because of their error, they gave me a $20 promotional code to be used for future Target.com purchases.

Guy,

If you go to Target.com website, they No longer have that incorrect info for only $169.99.

new price link, check this => http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=2-...asin=B0002MQ744

Apparently, they have corrected the website and I called them and they told me that previous placed orders are incorrect and they will only ship the B/W Legend w/ 8MB, NOT the Legend C that we hoped for. If customer is not satisfied, they will refund the money in full.

:o

Ordered mine on Oct 13th.....still no notice from Target that they are not sending what I ordered.....will keep quiet and keep hanging in there.

BTW, someone mentioned earlier that $169 was not a bad price for the B/W Legend.....try looking at Offroute.com. They are selling theLegend for about $140, and the Legend C for $268. Target's price for the Legend C is outrageous ($349?).

Sure hope they ordered enough of thos Legend C Bonus Packs for us all.

That was me that mentioned the 169 price wasn't too bad, but that is after shipping, tax, and includes a garmin case and instructional video as well.

I received my package today, and as we all suspected, it was a regular legend bonus package. I got on the phone and called the 800 line. I had a nice conversation with a guy, and told him that I had ordered the C package and received the regular legend. He looked at my order and said no problem, he would ship a replacement (due date Dec. 22, but should be here earlier according to him) and that I should print out a shipping label from the Target website to return the other one.

So now I just drop off the other one at the mailbox and start the waiting game again. Still some hope, just gotta play the game. :laughing: