Legend C For $169.99 At Target

mattt

You can get an extra 10% off it if you enter the site using this coupon code.

http://www.dealsdujour.com/go.cfm?m=1&mid=203

This Coupon expires on Oct. 15, 2004.

I ordered one. Scheduled date of Delivery November 30 - December 2

That link took me straight to Target.com. How do you activate the coupon?

tm

It is already activated when you go to the site. All you have to do is put the item in your basket and hit checkout. When you get to the page that wants you to enter a code it should already ask you if you want to apply the $17.00 discount. :blink:

Thanks for the link. I ordered mine, with the discount and shipping it was $167 and some change. Supposed to arrive the first week of December. Sold my "regular" Legend to a friend, along with the car charger and auto mount, for an even hundred. He is happy and that make the cost of the new "C" even better. Hopefully Target does not decide they made a big mistake and go back on the deal. Thanks again for the link.

The "bonus" is that you're getting the color unit for the b/w price. :blink:

I'm still waiting to get an email soon saying, "Uhhh, we're REALLY sorry, but we made a mistake and can't sell you the item you ordered at that price." Brings to mind the problems that $ear$ got into about 20 years ago regarding bait and switch tactics to get people in the stores. IIRC, they paid dearly for that marketing program.

S-4-C

WOW!!!

I got a regular legend two years ago for $200-$50rebate. This would be an amazingly cheap way to upgrade; something I would like to do. :D

I wish they were being shipped faster, then I would ask one of you to tell me if it really is the real thing. :blink: Unfortunatelly, it looks like over a month, so I think I'll order now before they realize their mistake! :unsure:

Thanks for the link!

Hmm. After thinking about this one a bit and reading some of the other threads I have realized that this is a great way for Target to get an interest free loan for about a month, and can actually earn interest on those funds collected from the orders.

If memory serves, Prime Suspect noted in another thread that a similar situation happened with Best Buy and that they canceled all of the orders after the problem was noticed. Seems like that means that the company banks our funds once the item is ordered, then, if they decide to cancel the orders we get our money back. However, we will have to pay interest on the money we've paid for the item by the time the item ships, if it does. Target, however, gets the benefit of accumulating the funds and earning interest on them, regardless of whether they ship the items or not.

What a great way to make free money for the company! I wish I could manage to pull off something like this.

I'm beginning to feel like it's less likely that I'm going to get this GPS, but that I'll have to pay the interest on the charge unless they cancel all of the orders in less than 30 days. Oh, well. Time will tell.

S-4-C

From Target's Pricing Policy:

We cannot confirm the price of an item until you order, but we WILL NOT charge your credit card until your order enters the shipping process (Please note that your Order Acknowledgement does not mean that your order has been shipped or that the price of an item has been confirmed). Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items on our Web site may be mispriced. Rest assured, however, that we verify prices as part of our shipping procedures.

If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and ship you the item.

If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.

No charges until the order is filled. But be prepared for cancellations.

tm

Edited by tubemonkey

Well I for one am extremely disappointed in everyone here. This is clearly a mistake, but instead of alerting the company you all jumped on the bandwagon and tried to take advantage of them. Shame shame shame. There is probably some poor person that is going to be in very hot water because of this, and that persons pain, and probably their job, is going to be on all of your heads. How does this reflect on the geocaching community? Are we a group of well meaning, enlightened individuals, or a mob of self centered oppurtunists just waiting to take advantage of some other persons mistake?

I am not going to talk to any of you any time soon, and when my new legend C gets here the first week of December (169.99 including shipping) I'm not going to go caching with any of you either!! :lol:

This is clearly a mistake, but instead of alerting the company you all jumped on the bandwagon and tried to take advantage of them.

Did you read Target's Pricing Policy?

If this turns out to be a mistake, they will cancel the orders. They are under no obligation to fill orders if the item is mispriced.

Chances are it's a mistake, but there's always the possibility that they got a super deal on them. Time will tell.

tm

This is clearly a mistake, but instead of alerting the company you all jumped on the bandwagon and tried to take advantage of them.

Did you read Target's Pricing Policy?

If this turns out to be a mistake, they will cancel the orders. They are under no obligation to fill orders if the item is mispriced.

Chances are it's a mistake, but there's always the possibility that they got a super deal on them. Time will tell.

tm

Ummm, did you really think I was serious, even after stating that I had ordered one? :lol:

OK, this is you (as I draw a little x on the ground) and this is a joke that is so close if it was a snake it would have bit you by now (as I draw another little x on the ground).......... :(

OK, this is you (as I draw a little x on the ground) and this is a joke that is so close if it was a snake it would have bit you by now (as I draw another little x on the ground).......... :lol:

And this dotted line is us zipping past the Xs on our way to the cache with our new garmins, are you in the lead niskibum?

I fired off an email to Target:

eTrex Legend C Bonus Pack -- $169.99 -- Catalog #: 579725 -

- ASIN: B0002VQ3UI -- This is listed as a new item. Is this price

correct? The MSRP is $374.99 -- Thanks

Their response:

Greetings from Target.com

I have verified that the current price on the "eTrex Legend C Bonus Pack" is $169.99. We confirm the price of an item when you place your order, but we do not charge your credit card until your order enters the shipping process.

We'll send you an e-mail message to let you know when your order’s been shipped. You can view the status of your order online by clicking the "My Account" link at the top of our Web site.

Best regards, Mary

Target.com Guest Service

We'll see .....

tm

Edited by tubemonkey
Ummm, did you really think I was serious, even after stating that I had ordered one? :(

Sorry, but I missed the one word in your post that made it TIC:

... and when my new legend C ...

I didn't catch it until I re-read your post.

tm

That's ok, I had a blast giving you a hard time over it! :D

Glad to see everyone here has a sense of humor. (at least after they get it) :lol: No hard feelings I hope. :D

Come on now, deep down inside don't you all think the "right" thing to do is to contact Target to inform them of their mistake and then ask them if you can still order one at that price, not order one and then hope they either don't catch it or feel compelled to do the "right" thing themselves and honor their add, even though it is clear that you haven't done the "right" thing for them?

Fortunately for me, I rarely do the "right" thing, am not overly religious, have no moral base, am extremely self centered, and downright cheap. But at least I admit all that openly, so as not to loose sleep over feeling dishonest as well. :anibad:

Just spoke with a representative at target.com. I called them because I wanted to know what actually came in the "bonus pack". She said that the description was wrong, and they know about it and are going to change it soon. Anyway, the $169.99 includes an eTrex Legend (not Legend C), carrying case, and video. I asked her what happens to the people who already ordered this item thinking it was a Legend C as advertised. She said she wasn't sure, but "they'll probably get an e-mail or something".

:anibad:

They haven't canceled my order yet and they haven't sent me an e-mail. With the other good deal for the vista, it was a mistake but many received their vistas at $169 and are very happy and lucky. Until they cancel, my order says for a legend c so there is still hope. And they haven't changed the ad. So maybe it depends on who you talk to as to what answer you get.

how weird :o , I sent Target an email:

10/13/04

Is this item really with a color screen? ("With its color, sunlight-readable display")The picture shows it as black and white. Thank you.

and got this reply:

Oct 14, 2004 8:38 AM

Greetings from Target.com.

All the information we have about eTrex Legend C Bonus Pack is currently listed on the product information page.

However, I've personally checked and found that this item is available in color display. (and it goes on and on.........)

I think there is still hope, but maybe not from what 3boys said. ;)

I ordered this and used the promo code also listed in this thread.

After receiving the order confirmation, I promptly emailed target.com online customer support with the following:

-----------------------------------

10/15/04 14:05:01

Comments: I just wanted to confirm that the eTrek Legend included

was a color "Legend C" with 24MB memory as specified as the picture

shows a black&white Legend.

Target.com responded with:

Greetings from Target.com.

All the information we have about the eTrex Legend C Bonus Pack is

currently listed on the product description page. I found that the

description does state this item has 24MB of internal memory and

mini-USB port and also color, sunlight-readable display.

We appreciate your comments and will continue to look for ways to

better meet our guests' needs.

Thanks for shopping at Target.com. We hope you'll visit us again

soon.

Now comes the wait for shipment.

Welllll, I went for it too.

Maybe shoulda got 2...then sold 1 and my new eTrex Legend ...then the C i have left would be nearly free, right?

Don't feel that brave tonight. Gut instincts?

Did some web searching and found the C shipping now for $299. Teh Garmin site says it comes with software on CD and no case...could be the 'special' has no USB cord, no software, etc. and the price is real.

The pc-to GPS-r cable goes for $14.99.