Teams?

CharlzO

I tried searching, to no avail, but if anyone knows of a thread containing this, please by all means shove me to it! I was just curious as to "Team Caching". I am running alone, but I see there are a lot of cachers that belong to a team. I'm sure they all got together and said lets be a team, but is there a special part for that here at GC.com? Obviously, if a member of a team finds a cache, it adds a number to the overall team finds. I'm not complaining about it by any means. Just wondered how that works. Does every member just use the team name and password to log in, and log the finds? And how would someone join, or start such a team? Just a couple curious questions from a new guy who was sitting home, bored, and thinking :D

Mostly, I think, we are related to our teams. Secondly, we get our buddies caching and spend a lot of time together, and form a team. We have a dozen cachers in our family, and parts of us will be together at different times.

If you get into the forums of your region, you might attend a "coffee" event, or other event, get to know some people, and stay in the forums, looking for a partner to cache with on Saturday. I wished very much, two weeks ago, that I could join a small group, but it just didn't work for me. The invite was there.

I have a couple of people in my church who are just starting to cache. Some of us have been out together.

Most teams I know of are families, similar to Team DEMP. There are some that are 2-3 close friends who usually hunt together and log as a team.

I'm sure they all got together and said lets be a team

Actually, no. I'm not aware of any groups of geocachers, who previously didn't know each other, or barely knew each other, forming teams just for the the purpose of logging a large amount of finds, but I'm not saying it hasn't been done.

Edited by briansnat

Actually, only the members of my team that went on the hunt can log the cache as a find. Any members that were not there that day, cannot log it as a find.

The story of my team:

Some friends got me into geocaching, I told some other friends about it and we started caching together frequently. So we named our team and here we are.

There are 7 of us on my team. Sometimes we cache alone, sometimes we cache in a group. Because of our work schedules, all seven of us have never been together at the same time to cache. It normally ranges between 1-4 of us caching together.

We do not have a 'team' account because we don't always cache as a team. Each of us have individual accounts and we log our finds individually. We just sign each log with our username and team name so everyone knows what team we are on. ;)

Mine are always signed:

-Imajika, Team Yatta :unsure: