An Amazing Log!

You just will not believe this log on this one! Some people will do anything to get a smilie face.....

They even posted a picture to go along with it!!

They ought to be called on the carpet & banned from benchmark logging for at least 6 months.....We just cannot understand some people. B)

Oh, the link? You want to see the page?

ok...

Adair

I think the NGC will also understand this one as well, am not wanting to start a flame war, this is just a game.

Someone will have to make the final call and it’s the NGS,  not us……….. JOE

This ONE

FS1149

I think we need a third opinion on this one. Any volunteers willing to check-up on an oldfart and go find this one? :lol:

This is just a polite way of saying I must be correct. I can't be wrong because I'm the wise old fart here. :lol:

It's just for fun and we're not offended if someone find we made a mistake (but that's not possible because I don't make misteaks!).

Is it time to go find some more benchmarks, yet? B)

John

You sure there wasn't a way up?  The right side looked like it had potential!

Adair you to come out here and try going up the right side. We will gladly watch and 'recover' the remains. B)

John

Ha! I'm not a rock climber. Odds are I'd get over there and say, No Way.

But where there is a way, amazing what you can find. This section of the canyon runs about 30 miles give or take. Past the 30 it runs in fits and starts for another 150 miles. Later the Snake River goes into Hells canyon but I'll take this section any day. There is probably a benchmark or two in it. The photo's are between two access points separated by about two miles. One of them has recently been gated (a sad day for Twin Falls). If you are going through Twin Falls and I'm free that weekend I'll meet up with you and we can poke around.

4027d915-dda3-4b7b-9e40-639a54cd4b9d.jpg

36732fbf-35c6-4cbb-bd4c-1d3b1ba509e8.jpg

The story behind Adair is short and simple. We thought there might be someone checking on all our benchmark logs, so we went and took a picture of the butte where this one is located. Since it is impossible to actually climb to the mark due to the type of rock and soil we decided to post a ridiculous post and see if someone would start a thread about the log or bring it up in an existing thread. Since the log is so far fetched we decided to leave it and see what happens. Until now - nothing.

The only comment we got was an e-mail asking us to save a few of the benchmark in the area so they could log them.

I think we have posted a picture for just about all our finds if anyone would care to verify them.

Everyone should feel free to annotate our log for Adair if so desired.

John

We thought there might be someone checking on all our benchmark logs, so we went and took a picture of the butte where this one is located.

John & Shirley,

Does this mean you are going to claim Hurefano Butte too? Dang, and here I wanted to be the one to climb up there and get it. Maybe I should just cheat and claim it now?

Papa,

You have a PM.

Shirley.

GREAT AREA PHOTO. AND I'D SURE LIKE TO POST ADAIR WITH IT'S ASSOCIATED DISK. DON'T COUNT OUT SOMEONE FROM WITHIN THIS FORUM FROM GETTING IT APPROPRIATELY PHOTO'D AND POSTED. FROM WITHIN THIS GROUP, WE'VE HIKED WE'VE DUG DEEP, WE'VE CLIMBED, WE'VE DISMANTLED ESTABLISHED FLOORINGS AND WALLS, WE'VE GOT PERMISSION ONTO VERY PRIVATE PROPERTY AND VERY SECURE GOVERNMENT PROPERTY. WE'VE BURNED OUR OWN GAS IN OUR OWN VEHICLES AND GOTTEN FLATS AND STUCK IN THE PROCESS. WE'VE BEEN ON ROOF TOPS AND OTHER MOUNTAIN PEAKS, WE'VE SWEATED, FROZE, BEEN SUNBURNED, DRENCHED, BUG BIT, STUMBLED SLIPPED AND FELL. SOME HAVE SWAM CREEKS IN ORDER TO SIMPLY PHOTO AND LAY CLAIM TO ONE OF THESE ALLURING DISKS. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. I PREDICT IT WILL BE LOGGED WITH PHOTO PROOF WHILE MOST OF US ARE STILL AROUND AND INVOLVED IN THIS HOBBY AND READING THESE POSTS. (IF IT WERE ME I'D POST A HUNDRED PICS AND E-MAIL EM PERSONALLY TO EVERYONE). SO WHO'S GOT A HELICOPTER????

We have been thinking about whether we should amend or delete the log for "ADAIR". After careful consideration of the alternatives and the ramifications of each, we have decided that it would not be fair to those who have not yet read this thread if we deleted it. They would have no clue as to what all the excitement is about, so we have decided to leave the log as it is and to not close this thread so they to may offer their opinions on this subject.

John

OOH, by the way, last night I had an "out of body experience" and decided to recheck on "ADAIR" and it was still there. :o

I think we have posted a picture for just about all our finds if anyone would care to verify them. 

Everyone should feel free to annotate our log for Adair if so desired. 

John

Just read this thread and I was wondering if anybody else took that oldfart up on his offer? to check his reports and pics to see if any others are wayoff the mark? I check a few and couldn't find anything funny with them.

Someone else been able to find anything wrong or strange?