Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Smartest Artist

Vx-7r To Gps

B) Does anyone know what do I need to connect a Yaesu VX-7R and a MAGELLAN Meridian Gold using APRS so that my location should be transmitted and viewable on the computer? Edited by Smartest Artist

:o Thanks you both helped me alot.

I think i will get the tiny track

But before I buy i will wait till they come out with a 4 pin cable for the vx-7r

Thank again,

Avi

kc2mut

Edited by Smartest Artist

<_< Thanks you both helped me alot.

I think i will get the tiny track

But before I buy i will wait till they come out with a 4 pin cable for the vx-7r

Thank again,

Avi

kc2mut

Yaesu makes a mic adapter that converts the 4 conductor, single pin into the old standard 2.5 and 3.5 mic/speaker contection. Thus any of the older two prong contection from Yaesu, Icom, Radio Shack should work. Kenwood uses a differant setup. The Yaesu part number is CT-91 AES lists it for about $11 US.

Hope it helps.

XT

Interesting topic, I was wondering the same thing about my brand new Yaesu FT-60 and how I could connect my GPS to that. Looks like the standard is using the mic/speaker jack.

Any HT can be connected to the TinyTrak3 (TT3) from Byonics. You just need to make the correct cables. As for the VX-7 plugs, they can be bought from most dealers. Just ask for the cloning cables, and you'll get 2 of the 4 pin connectors connected to the cable. You just need to cut the cable in half and figure out which wire goes to which pin.

Jon KC9AXZ

www.kc9axz.com

HI Folks, It's been a while since this topic got worked on, but I just came across it... I'll be taking the Technician Class exam in a few weeks and I am wondering how to get setup with the GPS connected to the HT as well. If the TinyTrak or OpenTracker1+ uses the speaker/mic jack, is it possible to use the HT for communication simultaneously? Or do you sacrifice that part for the GPS info?

HI Folks, It's been a while since this topic got worked on, but I just came across it... I'll be taking the Technician Class exam in a few weeks and I am wondering how to get setup with the GPS connected to the HT as well. If the TinyTrak or OpenTracker1+ uses the speaker/mic jack, is it possible to use the HT for communication simultaneously? Or do you sacrifice that part for the GPS info?

You will need to unplug the cable from the HT to use voice, plus you will need to move off 144.390 to a voice frequency as well.