Gpxsonar V1.3 Released

-=(GEO)=-

What's new in the 1.3 release?

Bug Fix: The “Last Found” column is now correctly labeled “Last Log”.

New Feature: In field notes reports and cache page details, the cache waypoint now links back to the corresponding cache page on GC.com

New Feature: Added support for the new Earthcache type on GC.com

New Feature: Added an option to automatically name exported files after the name of the GPX file currently loaded.

New Feature: Added the ability to export waypoints in CSV format (“Name”, “Lat”, “Lon”)

New Feature: Added a “Total Field Notes” counter in the GPX File Info report to show how many field notes are currently in memory.

New Feature: Added the “Field Notes Cleaner” option under the Tools menu. This option will permanently purge the memory from all field notes. Use it CAREFULLY!

Change: renamed the “Field Notes” counter in the GPX File Info report to “Visible Field Notes”. This count refers to the count of field notes matching a cache listed in the GPX file currently opened.

Change: Travel Bug serial numbers can now be alphanumerical and as long as 15 characters. This is intended to support Jeep TBs.

Change: GC.com has changed the spelling of “Multi-Cache” to “Multi-cache” causing GpxSonar to not represent multi-cache icons properly in the main cache list. This is resolved.

Change: Removed “Surprise_Cache.gif” file from the WptTypes directory. This cache type never existed.

Change: Added “Unknown_(Mystery)_Cache.gif” file. Some older GPX files still seem to reference this cache type and cache pages were showing a missing icon when referencing it.

You can download GpxSonar here

GpxSonar v1.3.1 released:

Bug Fix: version 1.3 was released with a bug in the management of the Travel Bugs in the field notes. The bug prevented any TB from being picked up from a cache. This problem is now resolved.

Change: the cache options menu was cleaned up from unnecessary cache viewing options.

I have been using GpxSonar for about 6 months with my HP 2255 running PC 2003 and love it. I recently upgraded to the new version and is it my imagination, but has the font changed size to a bit larger? I seem to be having a problem squeezing in the information that I like to view without scrolling sideways. I like to have the cache name, then difficulty, terrain, distance and direction all in one view so I don't have to scroll. I have to cut off too much of the cache name to get it all in like it used to be. Is there a way to make the font smaller within the program or do I have to handle this in the operating system? Or am I out of luck? I only use my PDA for geocaching, so I'm a total knewbie there. I will say I was hugely impressed with HP customer support when I lost the large center input button out geocaching. It went out on a Wed. afternoon from near Seattle to Texas and I had it back with the OS updated and in my hands 2 days later. I can't imagine geocaching without my PDA. GpxSonar is a huge asset.