Tb From A Cache It Was Not Logged At

Tremede

Hi,

I'm a bit new to this, so I apologise if this is an obvious question (though I did try searching for an answer first and couldn't find one).

On a recent visit to a cache, I retrieved a TB, however when I came to log that I had it, I found it wasn't logged at the cache I got it from. The only option I had was to grab it from the last person who had it, it wouldn't let me say I got it from a cache?

When you look at its history now, it looks like I just grabbed it from another user and that it was never in that cache.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Tremede.

This is "correct" in that this is how the system is set up. What you can do is log the bug into the cache you got it out of and then log it back out again. This will show that the bug visited that cache and will reflect the mileage it traveled. The problem may have been that the placing cacher was on vacation at the time of the placement and did not have computer access to log the placement for a few days.

Yep, that's correct. Sometimes people drop bug and haven't had time to drop it online. If possible give them a day or so to log it, but sometimes grabbing is the only option.

If you wish you could post a note dropping it in the cache you found it and then retrieve back out. There's no harm to the logging and at least the bug gets the actual mileage. Or don't worry about it and drop/log it into another cache as you normally would.

Edit: oops Cannonlaw beat me to it.

Edited by Elf Danach

I'm delighted to say, I just discovered that happened to one of mine.

It was listed as still in a local cache, but subsequent loggers have said it wasn't there. I thought she was lost forever, and I kicked myself for picking a nice dingus to attach the tag to.

But, no, someone's just logged her from Maine -- someone new and also puzzled that it made him "grab" it rather than "retrieve" it. She'd been MIA for about a month.

Hooray!