Paint type?

Guest ColoradoCacher

Guest ColoradoCacher

I have just rec'd my ammo cans. This weekend I will be preparing them and painting them. My question is: Is there a specific TYPE or BRAND of paint that works best? Or will any outdoor paint work? Thanx!

Guest Squad51

quote:
Originally posted by Guppy:

Colorado eh? I'm here on a week visit. I'm in Alamosa. Where are you?

Pam

Glorious Colorado Springs! Aren't you the Pam from wheresgeorge? hmmmmmm, look familiar to me!

Guest Squad51

By the way, I WAS the one who posted under "ColoradoCacher"...that day I forgot my password to use my registered identity! But I am she! Check the IP number! LOL!

Guest cleenjeep

If you are willing to spend a little more money on paint, search for Hammerite, it is the ultimate spray/brush on paint. It has glass in it, which makes it really tough, comes in a lot of cool colors, and is famous for their hammered finish paints. Check out Masterchem.com, to find the 800 number if there is no true value hardware store near you. You can buy it there, and if they dont haev it, you can order it. It is the best, I use it on my jeep all the time. no priming needed, and you can apply it directly to rust!

Michael

------------------

Webmaster and List Admin for Southern Michigan Rockcrawlers

Personal Site is Cleenjeep's Site

Guest Squad51

Thanks for the info on the paint! I'll be sure to check into it. And Cold Chuck, I just planted a fresh cache not too far from you! Lemme know if you find it! icon_smile.gif

Guest Squad51

Thanks for the info on the paint! I'll be sure to check into it. And Cold Chuck, I just planted a fresh cache not too far from you! Lemme know if you find it! icon_smile.gif

Guest Guppy

quote:
Originally posted by Squad51:

Glorious Colorado Springs! Aren't you the Pam from wheresgeorge? hmmmmmm, look familiar to me!

Yeah, it's me but I'm no longer in CO> icon_frown.gif Back to the salt mines.

Pam

so much for this thread

Guest Guppy

quote:
Originally posted by Squad51:

Yeah, it's me but I'm no longer in CO> icon_frown.gif Back to the salt mines.

Pam

so much for this thread

Guest Squad51

No gadget yet?????? ACK! Isn't the anticipation terrible? LOL! I went thru the same thing, but it is all well worth it! If you want to join Team Squad51 on a hunt sometime, just let me know! Ciao!

Guest rediguana

quote:
Is there a specific TYPE or BRAND of paint that works best?

I've used enamel spray paint for my first two caches, they were only placed 2-3 weeks ago, so I'll have to keep you posted. But the finish seemed pretty good when they were dry.

Cheers Gavin

Guest c_oflynn

What about coating them with that clear protector stuff. I did that on my cache (yet to be placed). Anyone have experience with it?

Thanks,

Colin