Can't Do Nuthin'

Trail Buzzards

I am having the same problem using AOL. I make up the PQ but nothing happens

when I click the submit button. No problems getting the information by clicking the GPX button on the cache page. Thanks, Dick, W7WT

Edited by W7WT

We were chatting in the office about this, and thought that maybe some proxy servers were still pointing to the old web server. I would wait a day if this problem is happening and try it again.

We'll continue to investigate other possibilities, but this seems like the best bet.

Just so you know (my wife still does this - ugh) AOL has a Microsoft IE browser knockoff built into software itself. It's not IE or Netscape or Mozilla - it's AOL.

My first suggestion would be to log on to AOL, minimize it to keep your connection live, and then start Internet Explorer and try it that way.

My first suggestion would be to log on to AOL, minimize it to keep your connection live, and then start Internet Explorer

This is probably what you should be doing anyway--geocaching.com or not. The AOL browser is not so good.

Jamie

Edited by Jamie Z

My aol browser won't let me do anything in GC.com any more, but Internet explorer works reasonably well with my netzero account. I'm not sure how to start internet explorer with aol ( I had it when I had earthlink) How do I start it exactly. aol browser stinks as far as links are concerned at many websites.

It appears as if my thread got merged with SixDogTeam's thread of this title. His was in "geocaching topics" and mine was in Geocaching.com web site. His was then moved to here. At any rate.... I still cannot create or modify any PQs. I use IE 6.0 and know how to create PQs. I agree that the issue may be related to DNS, but I am still having problems. How many people are having this issue?

Edited by Trail Buzzards

I was unable to get any response on the PQ page using AOL. Markwell suggested that I log on AOL, minimize it and then start Internet Explorer. I did that and I was able to get a PQ no problem. Thanks Markwell. Never had that problem with AOL before. Dick, W7WT

The AOL browser by default connects to the site through one of AOL's proxy servers. Running IE while AOL is running as Markwell suggested, gets around their proxy servers and it connects to the site directly. It appears that those proxy servers didn't handle our server transition very gracefully.

At some point, the data in those servers will be cleared and they'll get fresh data from our servers. Hopefully then they'll notice the server changes and correct this problem on their own.

:P Elias

I was unable to get the PQ page to respond using AOL. As Markwell suggested I was able to minimize AOL and use Internet Explorer to get a PQ. Just notice that Hemlock suggested clearing the browser cache. On AOL I deleted the temporary files and cleared the history folder and now I am able to get a PQ using AOL. Thanks, Dick, W7WT

I did additional research this weekend and discovered similar problems around the 'net. One suggestion was to make a change to a few files on the server to fix this issue, and I have done so. If you were having this problem before, try and do whatever you were doing to see if it has been resolved. Thanks!

Edited by Jeremy
I'm having the same problems. Submit Information and Delete query buttons do not do anything.

I am using IE6 and W2K through my employer's proxy server. I've also tried IE6 on XP (without SP2) with the same result.

I just tried Netscape 6.1 on the same machine where IE6 failed and that works OK.

I can only get PQ results back if I don't check anything but Calif. and Zip.

If I check any other variables nothing comes back.

Plus, I've tried it on three different machines. My wifes Dell w/win xp / sp2, My older Dell GX-1 w/ win xp & sp1 and My Mac G5 running 10.3 and I get the same results with all three machines.

Given the data provided, this sounds like operator error.

You get PQ results. We know that much.

You get PQs on three different machines running different OSs.

You don't get PQs when you start selecting other variables. I suspect you are selecting mutually exclusive variables... such as "Found" and "Haven't found." or "Active" and "Not active"

Read through the options carefully to be sure you aren't being too restrictive... the PQ generator isn't too intuitive, and will allow contradictory statements, so you have to make sure it works.

Be sure to run a preview after you've made the PQ. This will show exactly which caches will be included in you PQ. Then, if you don't get that PQ, something is wrong.

Jamie

When I tried editing my newest travel bug, and when I tried to change my forum title, the button on the bottom of the page did nothing. Is that related to all of this?

By the way, I have AOL 9.0 Optimized on my WindowsXP. It's always worked before, last Saturday was when I first noticed a problem.

I just tried to submit a new cache and it wouldn't take that either. I filled out the form with no problem, but when I clicked on the button on the bottom nothing happened.

Edited by RichardMoore