This is addicting.

BPACH

I just bought my GPS a little over 2 weeks ago and I have already found 18 and placed 2. The thing I like best about it is the places it takes me. I am finding parks and recreation areas that I never knew existed. In the past, I never would have walked down a trail for no reason. Now I have a reason. Thanks to everyone that participates in this game/sport.

Team BPACH..We dont know where we are going, but we know where we are.

soon your car will bear dings, dents, and scratches as geocaching badges of honor. You'll probably ruin several pairs of clothes or shoes by going after that One last cache unprepared, probably pick up some minor injuries (in all seriousness, try to be somewhat careful, after doing this for over a year, finding more then 200 caches and having more then a few close calls I try to be a little more sensible). Now planning trips around caching, waking before dawn, and driving days on a caching binge, well that's all well and good.

"...Not all those who wander are lost..."

[This message was edited by mikechim on July 15, 2002 at 11:03 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Zzzoey:

GPS grant me the signal to find the caches that I can...

the good sense to accept (and not kill myself over) the caches that elude me...

and the wisdom to know the difference... icon_cool.gif

so I am not tromping around in the brambles for 3 hours! icon_mad.gif

That's good stuff... Very cleaver!

goldfish.gif

"When your learning to take, the path at your pace...

Every road is worth your while"

quote:
Originally posted by Zzzoey:

GPS grant me the signal to find the caches that I can...

the good sense to accept (and not kill myself over) the caches that elude me...

and the wisdom to know the difference... icon_cool.gif

so I am not tromping around in the brambles for 3 hours! icon_mad.gif

That's good stuff... Very cleaver!

goldfish.gif

"When your learning to take, the path at your pace...

Every road is worth your while"

quote:
Originally posted by jhwf4:

Well...I think I can officially consider myself addicted hitting refresh on the geocaching main page every 3 minutes hoping a new cache will appear in my area. icon_biggrin.gif

Sounds to me like you have a new RASH?!

--majicman

(Always trade UP in both quantity and quality and Geocaches will be both self-sustaining and self-improving!)

quote:

Well...I think I can officially consider myself addicted hitting refresh on the geocaching main page every 3 minutes hoping a new cache will appear in my area. icon_biggrin.gif

Sounds to me like you have a new RASH?!

--majicman

(Always trade UP in both quantity and quality and Geocaches will be both self-sustaining and self-improving!)

1. 25 Caches in first 5 weeks.

2. Been to 14 parks/WMA 10 of them for the first time.

3. Try to hit 5 caches on Saturday (hey, I'm limited by distance)

4. Spend Sunday planning for the next Saturday (planning routes, printing out cache descriptions, topo maps, aerial photos)

5. Drive a Cavalier to places I never thought it would make it and putting on loads of miles.

6. Spent $150 on a GPS and $100/year for cell phone service and still think it's a cheap hobby. But not considering buying an ATV.

7. Went to 5 last Saturday and drove back bugged because I didn't find the last one due to darkness.

8. Placed my first cache.

9. Spend way too much time on the web site.

I love this game!

quote:

I live in the twin cities, but have a cabin not to terribly far from you. A new one comes your way this weekend. It is kind of remote, and will be a multi-cache. I think you'll like it.

boo2.jpg

quote:

I live in the twin cities, but have a cabin not to terribly far from you. A new one comes your way this weekend. It is kind of remote, and will be a multi-cache. I think you'll like it.

boo2.jpg

Ooooh, I can't wait as well. I usually go caching with jhwf4. I've been so close to a multi-cache twice, but it didn't work out. I want to go to one, so this should be really fun!! Alas, I'll be out of town this weekend, but if it is going to be really good, I'll have to go.

It will be south and west of Pillager. (Ohhhh, the Pillsbury forest is SO tempting, but I'm going to rise above it for now and rely on lobbying the state to repeal their ban on caches) It will be near a small lake with a public access. This lake also has a WMA plot that abutts its shores. Bring the panfishing rigs! The lake also haw wonderful bass. Last summer I busted 4 teens hunting alone during the youth waterfowl hunt. They had 9 geese piled up like cordwood. Speaking of waterfowl, this cache will involve birds........

boo2.jpg

Due to concerns related to natural resource protection, visitor safety, staff workloads and liability, geocaches are not permitted on lands administered by the Minnesota State Park System. Caches that were placed in state parks without permission must be removed by July 1, 2002. After that time, they will be considered abandoned property.

Land administered by the Mn. state park system includes state forests.

Lame!

boo2.jpg

Ahhhh......the moist nose of a German Wirehaired Pointer!