3rd Scottish Geocachers Day Out

Now now Nick, it was your suggestion to do the WoL, and we've done that one. No, I already have plans for something a little more challenging in the Angus Glens - not too far from you.

However, I do also have an idea for a nice sea breezy coastal route for next summer, to include the chain walk, so that we can avoid those nasty midgies.

Edited by Firth of Forth
I'm hoping to organise another SGDO for Sunday November 7th, so keep a look out for it and keep your diaries free for that day.

This is not fair. B):DB)

I will still be in some foreign country then. Maybe I can change my flight - or maybe I should get my priorities right? :D:)

Anyway. Have a great day!

Roolku

P.S. There are some cracking caches in/around Sydney. I am sure you (FoF) would have liked this one. (NOT!) B)

Roolku

Hahahah....thanks guys....you don't just how much it got to me that you all climbed the Ben and I had to stay behind B)

I was even going to try it on the Saturday as I suspected that the pace that you cachers would set might be too much for me and if I did it alone I could really take my time....only the threat of D-I-V-O-R-C-E brought me back to my senses :)

Not that I didn't enjoy my day....but that was mainly because of the great company of Allieballie and wee Jake .... otherwise I would have felt very out of it...if you see what I mean?

Also, driving that distance with my gammy leg might present a problem if I tried to drive there and back in the same day....so that would involve B&B on Saturday night to break the journey up like I did at the last one. The cost of B&B in that area could be a wee bit above my means :D

But no worries....there will be other occasions when my washing-up brush will once again be raised aloft in triumph....right FoF? :DB)B)

Ullium.

What a shame if you can't come Ullium. However I would imagine that there will be others who don't fancy the long walk, and will just turn up at the hotel - where the rates are very reasonable (£30 incl breakfast). But there will, I'm sure, be other SGDO events in the near future.

What was it you said you needed a washing up brush in your backpack for again?

Edited by Firth of Forth
What was it you said you needed a washing up brush in your backpack for again?

Yes my explanation at the time got sort of drowned out amidst the howls of laughter :):DB)

OK (face straightened!!)....I use it to clean my boots before entering inns and hostelries in search of sustenance instead of caches !!

(OK OK Angela made me do the dishes before we left in the morning and I didn't realise it was still in my hand when I got in the car :DB)B) )

BTW in I'm certainly relieved that no one cottoned on to HH's remark which was also drowned out....there was nothing in that bag I need be ashamed of....washing-up brushes aside B)B)B)

Ullium.

P.S. £30 B&B ??...now that does surprise me....er Angela...where are you??

Edited by Ullium
....but that was mainly because of the great company of Allieballie and wee Jake ....

Did someone mention my name?!

Well Ullium, I don't want to force you into our wonderful company again (ha! ha!)but.... it's not likely that Jake will be able to travel this distance, so we would be thinking of doing some of the less strenuous ones. I was going to try some of the Angus Glens ones in the coming weeks, but I'd be more than happy to leave them till the 7th November if you thought it would be a good alternative to doing Jocks Road. Go on... I bet there won't be any rockhopping (or midgies) this time!

Angela and yours truly will be there!!...given we get B&B at the Clova Hotel? :D

(emailed them this morning....awaiting reply!)

We are looking forward to meeting you all again :D

(come on HH...don't you feel a case of the sniffles coming on for those days? :D )

Now comes the fun bit....the planning of activities for Saturday and Sunday....I thought I might combine option 2 with option 5 :D:D:D

Seriously are there any others who might be taking a slightly easier option or options??

Ullium

Great FoF ;)

Angela is just off the phone to me to say that she has booked us up also (I thought I better let her do the final arrangements in case I got it wrong somewhere :unsure: )

I can see quite a few cachers taking advantage of the very reasonable charges for B&B...so we should have a good evening get together before the off on Sunday ;)

Ullium.

I'm coming up to Scotland in November for a caching holiday (from 4th November), so I will probably join you for this. I shall be staying outside Perth for a week, partly to do some of my friends caches (Perth Pathfinders), but also to travel further afield. Can anyone recommend other caches - (I particularly liked the look of the the Water of Leith selection) or recommend those not to do! I hope I don't look as if I am gatecrashing this topic - this is my first post ever - I don't really know what I am doing! - would I be better starting a new topic for this enquiry? Thanking you in advance for any help you can give me.

Be aware, very aware of the 3rd Glen Clova Grouse & Pheasant Kamikaze Squadron (with token assitance from the Rabbits) poised at the roadside waiting till you get close then flinging themselves at your bumper.

They seem to work in pairs, while one attracts your attention the other make a dash for the bumper!

Been Halfords and replaced both my spotlights.

Nice game pie though

:D

Ok Snaik, I've been meaning to ask: What's a 'ceithern'? I presume that a member of the Wild Geese is someone who has had the privilege of completing Way of the Wild Geese?

I think that its you and me meeting at Tolmount next Sunday. No other confirmations for Option 1 so far. If I bag a pheasant or grouse on my way there, will you show me how to prepare it for the pot?

Ok Snaik, I've been meaning to ask: What's a 'ceithern'?  I presume that a member of the Wild Geese is someone who has had the privilege of completing Way of the Wild Geese?

I think that its you and me meeting at Tolmount next Sunday.  No other confirmations for Option 1 so far.  If I bag a pheasant or grouse on my way there, will you show me how to prepare it for the pot?

Ceithren is a Scottish Warrior. I was adopted by Clan MacRae as a Mercenary and take part in the Battle of Sherrifmuir once a year

The Wild Geese were the Irish Jacobite's after defeat in 1690 moved to France and fought for all the European Armies, and many thousands fought on both sides of the American Civil War. A good movie is Gods and Generals about the Civil War show you Irish against Irish.

All set for Tolmount.

Hopefully wont see any Woodcutters!! eating Spam pieces en route :D

Edited by Snaik
Count us in for Option 1 - and we might bag a few Munro's while we are there just to kill a bit of time!! :lol:

Who's carrying the stretcher?? :o

See you all there :huh:

Only got room left for the Oxygen! :lol:

Been on to Hillphones, Stalking is finished till next year. so you can bag without being bagged B)