December Holiday Caching

kph100

Looking for a weeks holiday in December, open to all suggestions where

people have been and combined caching.

Possibly long weekend option as well.

Location needs to have more than one or two caches, abroad from Uk and not USA (going there next year)

Who has been somewhere they can suggest.

Thks Ian.

If your budget permits I'd recommend Australia, it has a very lively caching community and heaps of great caches..

Also it will be nice and warm in december over there :P

Agreed!

Talking of Australia, Roolku picked up a travel bug today that I took to Australia last year. I met Roolku a few months ago at Ben Nevis. Small world!!!!!

Going to Malta this Xmas. Only four caches but some not easy to get too. Will have to find a local boatman to ferry us across the water!

We did a couple on Malta in June - GCHEQ7 and GCC43A. If you are not hiring a car check the logs for the bus numbers.

Looking for a weeks holiday in December, open to all suggestions

My suggestion might surprise you.

Oman.

It's the best kept secret of the experienced travellers' world.

In December the climate is just gorgeous. It's quite cheap to get around and if you book more than a month in advance the airfares are surprisingly economical.

It's a completely safe place with as near zero crime rate as is possible. You don't need any antimalarials or any other special medical precautions and Brits don't need to pre-book a visa. Just buy a visitor's visa on arrival at Seeb airport for 6 Omani Riyals and you're in.

The scenery is mind-bogglingly impressive and the people are the friendliest in the Middle East. It is one of very few countries in the region which has not been Americanised and it's extremely pro-Brit. In other words, it is utterly unspoiled.

Geocaching is to be had in limited amounts, but forum rules about advertising caches preclude me from telling you about the nearest ones to Muscat. It's more about quality than quantity. There are some great caches to be bagged there.

I've already booked my Crimbo holiday this year elsewhere, but if I hadn't, I would quite certainly have gone back to Oman for the best possible holiday.

Cheers, The Forester