Re-visiting A Cache.

MMACH 5

A cacher I know told me he hates to hear about cachers returning to a cache that they have already found to pickup or drop off swag and/or TBs. He somehow thinks it's going against the grain of the game.

Questions:

Both of these are in a context of posting a note on the re-vistit and NOT another smiley.

1) Is it frowned upon to return to a cache you've already found to trade out swag or TBs?

2) Is it frowned upon to go to your own cache to trade out swag or TBs?

Just curious...

Return as often as you want, just don't log a "find" each time unless something really special is going on. .

For instance, the owner has moved the cache 50 feet or changed the type of hide and said to log it again... Or like I did a poker run using my cache and told anyone who's been there before they could log it again for the poker run.

I don't think it would be bad to re-visit a cache in order to move on a TB, however I don't think you should return just to trade swag that you know is in the cache.

El Diablo

Yeah, what he said.

I often go to my own caches to drop off a bug I got somewhere else if I won't be going out for a while. But I don't generally seek TBs so no plans to visit old caches to get one.

Revisiting a cache just for swag is just plain wrong, but doing so to seek a coveted signature item maybe could convince me. ;)

So what if you find a cache with something really cool in it that you want but have no comparable trade item? Would it not be appropriate to return with better swag to trade for the item you want? Or are you saying that would be ok but just to LOG it as one find and one note? And no, this hasn't happened to me, just curious.

I returned to one last night to grab some TB's I will be moving toward their goal on Thursday in another state.

I found the cache completely exposed (it is in an area that is prone to flooding) and I got a nice email from the owner thanking me for visiting it and rehiding it. Our guess is that recent rains have compromised its hiding location.

I don't revisit often and don't go back to trade swag but if I can help a TB along to its goal, I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

So what if you find a cache with something really cool in it that you want but have no comparable trade item? Would it not be appropriate to return with better swag to trade for the item you want? Or are you saying that would be ok but just to LOG it as one find and one note? And no, this hasn't happened to me, just curious.

There are many cachers that find caches with trade items that they want and can't properly trade for at that time and return later to make the trade. As long as you trade up or even I see no problems.

El Diablo

I would rather see activity at my own cache hides versus none at all. Even if it was a repeat visit. I would take it as a compliment if someone came back to check it out again, for whatever reason. I do agree with just posting a note the second time.

Please.....come check out my cache hides again! I like getting the email notice that you've been there.

I'm thinking of doing this with a cache in the area. I took a friend and his two teenage daughters the other day to find a cache. The two girls immediately snapped up the two nicest things in there, namely an FM radio (complete with batteries) and a Where's George dollar. I dropped in a number of items to try and make up for the trade -- a few decks of cards, an unopened video camera tape. I still think we traded down, and I'm thinking of returning to put in a few more nicer things.