What's A Find

So you head out to find "Murpheys Dome" and find "Pinzapalooza" right where "Murpheys Dome" is supposed to be. The log is for Pinzapalooza (it says so right on it) so you sign it then put it back. The nearest cache is over a mile away so it's not an accidental find.

Then you go home and log Murpheys Dome online and email the Pinzapalooza owner about finding their cache. Then you email Murphey's Dome that maybe their cache has been stolen and moved.

So what in the world of infinite knowledge and Smart-alecky advice would you think they found, or didn't find, or what?

Wow, thats a head scratcher.

So, is there a listing for the Pinzapalooza cache, and is it supposed to be there as well as the Murphy's Dome cache? If so, I'd say it was a find on the Pinzapalooza cache but a DNF on the Dome.

Now, if the Pinz cache is supposed to be elsewhere, I'd go check there and see what, if anything, is in that spot. If there is nothing there, i'd call it a dnf on both, and e-mail both cache owners to find out what the story is. Maybe the log books got switched somehow?

Shannon

I was thinking the same. Is there a cache page for Pinzapalooza cache. If not, I bet the owner changed his mind on the naming after he placed it and before he submitted it.

If there is a cache page, go there and see if they were switched. Is it by the same owner?

Found Pinzapalloza and DNF the other one. If Pinza has a cache page, then log that. Regardless write to the owners to try to figure it out. Could be that Pinza is listed on another site or was denied listing because it was at the same spot as the other cache. Can't tell based on the facts, but it sounds clear that the Dome was not found. When in doubt, log neither as a find and wait to discuss with the owners.

Also, we once had an owner in my area move an archived cache and re-list it with a new name. People got confused because they would find a cache with a different name on the label. Hence why emailing people to try to figure it out is good. It is possible that the Pinza and Dome caches are really the same cache.

Edited by carleenp
So you head out to find "Murpheys Dome" and find "Pinzapalooza" right where "Murpheys Dome" is supposed to be. The log is for Pinzapalooza (it says so right on it) so you sign it then put it back. The nearest cache is over a mile away so it's not an accidental find.

Maybe somebody pulled a switcheroo. Try looking for Murphy's Dome at the coordinates given on the Pinzapaloopa page.

Email the owner. Cover it back up. Put the contents in a new ziplock bag. Put in a new pencil. Add a few sheets to the log book. Trade up. Move it away from the railroad tracks. Dry out the logbook. Find a new metal surface to stick it on.